Pages

Sunday, November 15, 2009

Another LO, I love this one.

Wish I still looked like this.....Ah the days of youth gone by!

This was a really fun project that I did for a weekend crop challenge at Scrapbookers Club House and a heritage challenge at Pages in Time.  I love playing with paint and ink and I did alot of it on this page.  I used an edge distresser on the paper edges and  sanded them some too.  Then I added white paint for highlights to the pink flowers.  I thought they came out quite nicely!  For the "moment in time"  I used Ranger distress ink and then a few paint dabbles thinned with a water wet brush on the background.  The letters are rub-ons.  By this time I had paint all over my work space as well as me!  I also splattered alcohol ink all over my shirt sometime during the day. 

Oh well I always was messy!  When I was a little girl, my Mom would dress me so prettily in dresses with sashes for school.  When I came home in the afternoon, my sash, my shoes, my hair, everything about me, was a total mess!

I digress, of course, for this kind of LO, you have to add bling and so I did.  The bling was a really big and beautiful scroll from Prima that I cut in two so it would fit right on the page.  Too bad the flowers are covering a lot of it!   Green rhinestones came from the Christmas $1 grag it bins at Michaels.  There were several colors available and cheap at $1 I thought.  Yikes, I just noticed that I put the toile pp on upside down and the edge that is showing is not distressed.  That's cause it was supposed to be under the picture.  Don't you just hate it when you do stuff like that?  Well its going to stay that way but I will distress the edge if I can do it with out wrecking everything else.

If you read my earlier post about Chili's problems, I am happy to report that she is much better now and seems to be over her pain.  MOnday is her last prednisone pill so I hope she does ok after that is out of her system.  Anyway, it is nice to see my pup smiling and feeling good again.

Have a nice Sunday everyone.  We were out late last night at a neighborhood party so I am quite listless today.  Think I'll scrap a little and keep a low profile!

2 comments:

  1. Stunning LO Maggi! WOW, so lovely, everything about it including the photo. Finally had a chance to pop on over!

    TYFS your beautiful work and always giving a shout out to S:CY!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. Your feedback is important to me! I'm always happy to answer questions, just leave them in the comments section and I will respond either here or leave me your email address.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...