Pages

Sunday, November 8, 2009

Weekend's over.....

Don't you just hate it when the weekend is over and you have to go back to work?  Its not so bad for me anymore since I work parttime and out of my house.  I am loving this arrangement!

We are  still having issues with Chili.  She is still having pain but is better than she was.  I guess the cautious good news is that our vet doesn't think its a skeletal problem; rather, he thinks it is muscular.  Perhaps she has pulled a muscle in her back.  It seems to come and go.  One minute she seems to be fine and then the next she is wimpering when she tries to get up.  It is so tough seeing my furbaby in such distress.  I wish she could talk and tell us where it hurts.  Initially we thought it was in her neck but now it seems to be mid-spine.  She has a warm spot on her back consistent with muscle strain I guess.

I did have a ton of fun today!  Dh and I went to a model train show and that was way fun!  Then we stopped at Archivers.  Oh yes, that was even way MORE fun.  I came home with a bag of goodies.  I really haven't been in a nice SB store in over a year so it was fun to see how products have changed and all the new goodies.  I think I'm glad its a 50 mile trek to Archivers though, otherwise I would spend way too much $$ there way too often!

Here is a project I did as the Nov.guest designer for  Sketches: Creatively Yours.  Be sure you check out the other intepretations posted of this sketch (#24) by Ali MacDonald.

And being the occasional over-achiever that I sometimes can be, I did a companion page on the right.  I love the quote on the left page, it says "We haven't been everywhere yet, but it's on our list."  Don't you just love that?  The pictures were taken in 2007 at Olympic National Park.   That is such an awesome park as its terrain stretches from the seashore to mountain peaks and includes a rain forest.  The chipboard on the right is supposed to suggest a photo stand - not sure it gives that impression but oh well - it looks good anyway.




I have been on a roll lately.  I made a few Christmas cards this weekend.  They are simple but cute.  The prettiest one looks just about awful in the scan so I think you'll just have to wait to get it in the mail to see it.  OR, I'll try taking a photo of it tomorrow. 

Right now I need to get the spoos outside and give Chili her last pill for the evening.  Cross your fingers for my little "girl" that she is on the mend soon!

1 comment:

  1. Congrats again on the GD, Maggi! Your LO's are so beautiful!! Your dog is so pretty!
    Glad you were able to do some SB shopping!!
    Looking forward to seeing some more of your creations in the weeks ahead!
    Have a Blessed week!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. Your feedback is important to me! I'm always happy to answer questions, just leave them in the comments section and I will respond either here or leave me your email address.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...