Pages

Thursday, December 10, 2009

The Dog



I just love this layout but couldn't decide on a title and couldn't figure out where I would put it.  Ah ha, I just decided to be very matter of fact, yes, its The Dog and the words fit perfectly when I moved the right phto  up a little bit.  Now I want to do another LO call the The Other Dog, and you guessed it, it will be a picture of the black poodle if I can get a similar photo of her.  Its so hard to photo black dogs.

Any way, I want to tell you about this LO 'cause I love it!  I used Creative Imaginations for the background paper, it is so lovely and the black is shiny.  Awesome stuff to me!  The the pp behind the photo and the two semi-circles are gcd Designs, Cosette Collection and Patchwork Dots - all heavily inked of course!  The green awning strip is something new that I really like, it is also gcd Designs and is from the Artsy Urban collection, Melody Ross.  It has clear sparkles on it that aren't showin up in the photo.  The wide strip going across the who page is a scrap that I stamped with flourishes using archival ink.  Then I used Shabby Shutters distress ink to color the strip mottled greesn.  I like how that turned out.  The green circles you see are Idea-ology fragments that I've inked with alcohol ink.  In reality they have alot of dimension and aren't quite as translucent as they appear in this photo.  They are cool and I am looking forward to finding more fun ways to use them.  Oh yes, I used white ink around the photos which turned a bluish gray, I like the effect.  Finally I added MM black shimmer chipboard flourishes and green crystals.  This is The Dog, Chili!  She's so pretty isn't she?  Thanks for stopping in and leaving your comments.

4 comments:

  1. Awesome layout, I really love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Annmaree! And thanks for visiting my blog as much as you have!! Appreciate it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous MAggi! Thanks for sending me the link, I am a Follower but not receiving the updates for some reason!

    Chili looks GREAT!

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is beautiful! I love all the elements you've used to make this gorgeous piece!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. Your feedback is important to me! I'm always happy to answer questions, just leave them in the comments section and I will respond either here or leave me your email address.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...