Pages

Monday, December 13, 2010

Christmas is fast approaching!

Are you ready?  I'm not, I still have a gift to make for dh, hope to get that started today. 

Here's a layout I did over the weekend for a RR challenge at Swirlydoos.  I love how this turned out and I wish the photo were better.  It is dark and rainy here so no chance for a nice sunny shot today! 

The journal reads:  I was such a girly girl. I loved dolls and always got dolls for Christmas. My dolls always came complete with wardrobes of beautifully hand-sewn garments made with love by my Mom. My favorite doll was Judy. She’s a big doll, the size of a 2 year old. After I grew up and moved away, I came home for Christmas one year to find Judy sitting under the Christmas tree wearing a new red velvet dress that my Mother had just made for her. I was so surprised and moved that Mom had gotten Judy out and made her a new dress. Every Christmas after that, Mom always dressed Judy and put her under the tree.

Another little story about my dolls and the clothes Mom made.  Like most little girls, I had Barbies and similar dolls and you know their clothes are quite tiny.  Mom made clothes for those dolls too but for the most part they never had buttons or snaps.  She just never had time to sew those on so I always kept lots of pins around!!  Too bad they didn't have velcro back then.  I do think she would have used that!





I used lots of glimmer mist on this.  First on the background cardstock, two colors, Snow Queen and Cinammon.  The the chevron is cut from a template I have and has patterns in the template so I glimmer misted that too so the chevron has a beautiful shimmery pattern that doesn't show up in the photo, oh well, use your imagination,  LOL!!  I purposely adherred the circle so that it would no lay flat and painted it with gold Plaid Sparkle Gel.  The dress form is a Dusty Attic piece painted a soft beige and again glimmer misted with Snow Queen.  I love the venetian lace near the bottom.   All the flowers are Prima and the pp is from the Bo Bunny Noel collection.  I also used some gold ink and gold metallic rubon around the edges.    The letters are painted with Shimmerz Grammie Berrie paint and then painted with gold Plaid Sparkle Gel. I added some burgundy stickles on the holly berries too. 

I love this picture of Mom although is is not a great image.  It came from a really small photo that I scanned and magnified quite a bit.  I just don't have many pictures of Mom from this time in her life.  I was either 15 or 16 when this photo was taken.

Thanks for visiting!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment. Your feedback is important to me! I'm always happy to answer questions, just leave them in the comments section and I will respond either here or leave me your email address.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...