Pages

Wednesday, December 15, 2010

More challenge LOs!

This was another challenge at Swirlydoos to scrap a Christmas LO with a non Christmas photo.  I chose this photo of Dick just cause I like it.  I took the photo this summer while at Denali Nat'l Park at Polychrome Pass.  It was really windy which is why he is holding onto his hat!

This gorgeous paper is from Bo Bunny's new Christmas collection, Noel.  That tag is from IOD's Night Divine collection, both being featured this month in the Dec Swirlydoo's kit.  I love using corner punches to punch around circles and make "doilies", they are so gorgeous!  This really was a fairly simple LO but the techniques I used took a little time.  The distress the edges, I first ran the pp thru my Distrezz it all and then moistened the edges with water and curling and scrunching   the paper as I went along.  I keep a spray bottle at my work table so I just spray some water on my craft sheet and boogie right along!!  I was in a shiny mood today so got out the gold Perfect Pearls to make the circle on the doilie and just add some shimmer here and there.  Also used gold stickles to highlight the ornaments amd holly berries.  Thanks Lisa and Robin at Swirlydoos for the lessons on circle punching and edge distressing!

Thanks for visiting!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment. Your feedback is important to me! I'm always happy to answer questions, just leave them in the comments section and I will respond either here or leave me your email address.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...