Pages

Friday, April 29, 2011

Pioneer Park

Pioneer Park, in Fairbanks, AK, is a municipal park that is frequented by locals and tourists alike.  The locals take their kids on a nice sunny day and enjoy the playgrounds with their children.  The tourists enjoy visiting the old log homesteads that have been moved to the park and offer a glimpse of life in the far north during the very early 1900's.  There's a great air museum that Dick and I always enjoy.

The day these pictures were taken turned out to be a rare warm sunny day for the summer.  When we arrived in Fairbanks a couple of days earlier, it was cold and raining.  We were delighted when the sun greeted us on this day!  I am calling home to let everyone know we arrived safely in the photo below.




Below is the sketch I used for this DT project for  Sketches: Creatively Yours .  It's sketch 04-11, all I did was flip it from left to right.   There are other examples of this great sketch on the S:CY blog and I hope you'll visit, try the sketch and link it so we can see your work!




Patterned paper: BasicGrey Curio Camelia, Upholstery,
Letter stickers: Curio collection
Stickers: Curio Collection
Flowers: pink flower is layered stickers from Curio, white flower is cut out from the Camelia pp and layered
Ink: ColorBox black, distress black soot
Other: beige lace from Lace Heaven, velvet pleated ribbon Recollections

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful page Maggi! I love the earthy colors!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is just gorgeous, love love love that collectoin and the layout is stunning Maggi :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So beautiful and pretty Maggi!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous layout Maggi, loved the way you fussy cut the flowers!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful LO! I love how the muted colors make the pictures stand out!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. Your feedback is important to me! I'm always happy to answer questions, just leave them in the comments section and I will respond either here or leave me your email address.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...