Pages

Thursday, April 7, 2011

Rainbow

I hope you will check out this blog, Just Perspective, where my layout, Rainbow, is being featured today.  Throughout April, Sue is featuring layouts hoping to  "inspire visitors through a journey of scrapbooking art, words and perspectives. It brings together the voices of scrapbookers from all walks of life, and from all over the world."

There's a lot of symbolism in this LO, the gates are painted with Perfect Pearls and that angel I've had forever, it came from my good friend Pam and was just perfect for this LO.  The journal says: 

"Sometimes when I look at a rainbow, I dwell on one very important facet of my life and that is my love of animals and the dogs that have given me their unconditional love. I think of the Rainbow Bridge and believe with all my heart that it must exist. For, what is a rainbow, but a symbol of hopes and dreams living in your heart?
How could there be a heaven without animals? I can only imagine what a joyous occasion it will be when my fur-friends and I are reunited. I can see my sweet Chili, healed from the autoimmune diseases that took her from me much too early in her life. I can feel Brandy’s soft fur and I know she will very gently hold my hand in her mouth, because that’s what Labs do. Tiffany, my Yorkie, will be spinning in frantic, but happy, circles as she did so many times when she was excited. Jezebel, my Rhodesian Ridgeback, will lie down beside me and allow me to use her hip as a pillow for my head.
Rainbows make me smile, for they remind me of the many fur-friends that have enriched my life. Each was a beloved member of my family and each will always owns a special place in my heart."

I know that all of you with fur-friends can relate to this LO.  You know, it's not my favorite LO, but it is one that is filled with love.  Chili has been on my mind alot lately as next week will be the first anniversary of her death.  I do miss her, but it was her time, I could not keep her anymore as she was too sick so I did what I had to do.  Tough, but it is the last gift we give our fur friends.




8 comments:

  1. Beautifully symbolic this really shows your love. So sorry for your loss.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry for your loss Maggie!!!! Fabulous layout! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maggi, what can I say!! So beautiful and so touching.

    ReplyDelete
  4. your touching heartfelt journaling brought tears to my eyes. such a lovely lo and beautiful reminder that our fur babies may leave us but they will NEVER be forgotten. TFS.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Maggi this is so beautiful!! {{HUGS}}

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooh, Maggi, this truly shows your love of animals, grat and small. Wonderfully heartfelt and REAL journaling- loved how you mentioned all your babies. You're right, Pam's angel IS perfect there! TYFS this, I absolutely love it! xoxo~ Ali

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Maggie, how beautiful! I am honored that you used one of my angels on this beautiful and touching LO. Huge hugs my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your layout and post brought tears to my eyes. Yes, we lost our golden doodle, Jack, to cancer and I still grieve for him. The Rainbow Bridge really does exist! Your photo of chili is wonderful as is your layout ovbiously made with tender loving care!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. Your feedback is important to me! I'm always happy to answer questions, just leave them in the comments section and I will respond either here or leave me your email address.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...