Pages

Monday, May 2, 2011

My Father, my hero

I love this Swirlydoos spotlight kit Bo Bunny Timepiece collection just about better than any I've ever had!! I love the color combo, it just speaks to me! The passport and bicycle embellies are nods to some things that I know about my Dad. He was in the Army so the passport represents his travels around the world. The bicycle is a laughing memory that my Mom talks about. When Dad was a young teen he used to ride by my Mom's house on his bike showing off. LOL, I love it!!

My Dad reckoned the photo was taken 1947 or 1948. The building in the back was my grandfather's country store that had a bedroom in the back and that is where my parents lived for a while after Dad came home from the war. Dad knows this picture was taken after he came home from the war because the little room you see in the corner of the bldg is a bathroom that was added when he returned. Don't you love how we clue in on things to remember them? To have running water & indoor plumbing in rural NC in 1947 was pretty special. I remember when my Mother's parents got indoor plumbing and it was around 1960 give or take a year. I also remember when they got a telephone, and a party line at that. My grandmother's entertainment was to listen in on the party line sometimes, LOL!! Secretly of course....
 
 
 
 

Cardstock: photo mat Bazzill Bitter chocolate
Patterned paper: Bo Bunny TimePiece collection – bg page Timepiece; Timepiece Stripe; Timepiece moments
Stickers: Bo Bunny TimePiece collection
Chipboard: Bo Bunny TimePiece collection; Dusty Attic french flourish #2 DA0274; Tattered Angels Glimmer Chips Traveler (passport)
Ink: Distress black soot, frayed burlap, brushed corduroy, pumice stone, Colorbox chestnut roan, Glimmer Mist Tattered Leather, Ranger Archival ink jet black
Other: Bicycle Tattered Angels Glimmer chip; brads cameos, Bo Bunny TimePiece collection, cheesecloth

2 comments:

Thank you for leaving a comment. Your feedback is important to me! I'm always happy to answer questions, just leave them in the comments section and I will respond either here or leave me your email address.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...