Pages

Friday, September 30, 2011

Flying Unicorn and Sketches: Creatively Yours

Yay, its Friday reveal day at Sketches" Creatively Yours!  I used the gorgeous FabScraps papers available at the Flying Unicorn store to do this LO.  FabScraps papers are special, well because they are beautiful and because they come all the way from Africa! 
I am sad because today is my last day as the guest September Creative team member for Flying Unicorn!  :-(   I've had a great time there and if you haven't visited Flying Unicorn, then you are missing out!  The store carries awesome products, including those much coveted Pion papers, as well as everything else in the latest and greatest category!  Each month there are great challenges put on by the CT with AWESOME RAKS from the Flying Unicorn store.  Hope to see you over there!

Here's the great sketch I used from Sketches:  Creatively Yours designed by Ann Seleshanko.  While the sketch itself is simple in its design, it lends itself to so many wonderful creations.  Take a look at what the DT did with this sketch. 




Here is my design:




I really love how this came together. I cut both sides of a strip of paper with the Martha Stewart scrolled hearts punch, its one of my faves, and then painted it with Glimmer Glam in Tutu Pink just for some extra sparkle. The swirly leaves are cut with a Spellbinders die made for Heartfelt Creations and I inked it with Distress Forest Moss and Bundled Sage. Then I added some Peeled Paint Distress Stickles. The flowers at the right are Petaloos that I sprayed with Creme de Rouge Glimmer Mist and inked the edges with Timmy's new Distress ink, Gathered Twigs. The flower on the left is a flower I made from a Lisa Gregory tut. The wonderful numerals are Pink Paislee Mist-a-bles, also from the store.


Do give this sketch a try and leave us a link to your design here.

As always, I really appreciate you visiting my blog and thanks for your comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment. Your feedback is important to me! I'm always happy to answer questions, just leave them in the comments section and I will respond either here or leave me your email address.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...