Pages

Friday, January 13, 2012

Graphic 45 at the Flying Unicorn

we are featuring Graphic 45 and all their wonderful papers at the Flying Unicorn store  this week.  I love their papers with their rich colors!!  Here's a couple I did for the feature using the new G45 Tropical Travelogue collection.

Here I am - "Enjoy the Moments that Make You Smile" and yes I was enjoying myself!! I went with a vintage style on this layout employing a sepia toned photo with an oval fade frame applied to give it that old look. I used lots of layers that I distressed and inked with Distress Gathered Twigs and Vintage Photo. The title is a Dusty Attic piece that I have painted with gold Smooch paint, it really is gold although it looks orange in this photo. The 2 bird images are from the Tropical Travelogue Botanica paper, I just love them!! I think the net and shells adds the perfect touch to this tropical layout, they were included in the January KOM!! I really love the unusual things that Alda always adds to the kits!

The largest flower is handmade using the Alterationgs Tattered Floral die, I have a tutorial for it here. The other flowers ar some older Prima flowers from my stash. The two black swirls are printed on a transparency, then I cut them out and added to my layout. The butterfly came from LisaG, I simply added some black diamond Stickles.


Here's another layout, again using Tropical Travelogue. I lived in Florida for 14 years and of course these G45 papers really remind me of my time there. I took this picture many years ago while I was taking a nature photography course at Blowing Rocks Nature Preserve. I thought the colors in the stump and surrounding flowers went great with these papers. And Laura is hosting a challenge to make your own flowers so I did this as inspiration for her challenge.

I used Spellbinders Sunflower 2 die to make the sunflowers and misted them with yellow daisy Glimmer Mist. The centers are micro beads and because I only have silver microbeads I had to dye them with black alcohol ink, that was kind of interesting!!

In addition to Tropical Travelogue papers, I used Bo Bunny Back to Basics Clover Dot for the base paper and cut the black swirls with a Sizzix die from some very old black patterned paper from All My Memories. The leaves are fussy cut from Tropical Travelogue Rainforest. I just have a hard time with peach colors so I used Distress ink Scattered Straw on the G45 Hibiscus paper to turn the peach more orange, Distress inks are great for those kind of problems!! I water distressed the inner edge of the frame that has been punch with Martha's Stewart's wildflower punches and also water distressed the peach dotted layer.

Thanks so much for stopping by and thanks for leaving your comments!

3 comments:

  1. ooo these are just amazing...LOVE the colors and your flowers are just gorgeous girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the colors, Maggi and those sunflowers are awesome .. feeling inspired to make another page from my meager scraps!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. Your feedback is important to me! I'm always happy to answer questions, just leave them in the comments section and I will respond either here or leave me your email address.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...