Pages

Friday, January 6, 2012

Papa a Paris - Sketches: Creatively Yours

Ali at Sketches:  Creatively Yours has designed a great  new sketch up to start off the new year!  I t was the perfect sketcch for the Kaisercraft Bonjour papers that I chose to use with my vintage picture of my Dad taken, where else, but in Paris at the Sacré-Cœur Basilica.  The photo was taken shortly after the end of WW II and is signed by my Dad simply, Love, Carl.  He must have sent it home to my Mother.




The picture frame does most of the embellishment work for me with its beautiful image of the Eiffel tower.  I just added a few blooms to add some dimension.  I also added Dusty Attic baroque corners to the picture and a name plate.  I used Tim Holtz glassine paper to make a paper lace frame around the photo and added green and blue Perfect Pearls to give it a touch of color.  I painted the outside of the bookplate and the baroque corners with Shimmerz mossy stone.  I painted the inside of the bookplate with Perfect Pearls in biscotti.  Then I added a ZVA pearl swirl to finish it off.

At the Flying Unicorn this month, we've got some GREAT challenges and I will also post this layout as inspiration for Tammy's distressing and lace challenge.  My "lace" is paper, hope it counts!

Did you know that Flying Unicorn has 10 GREAT challenges every month AND we have great RAKS every month too!!  I'm hosting a round robin this month and we have 7 teams!  We're having a blast and you know what, I need one more player to fill the Jan 30th spot on team 7, it could be YOU.  Come on over to the Flying Unicorn forums and join in the fun!!

5 comments:

Thank you for leaving a comment. Your feedback is important to me! I'm always happy to answer questions, just leave them in the comments section and I will respond either here or leave me your email address.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...