Pages

Friday, February 3, 2012

Sketches: Creatively Yours - Flying Unicorn February KOM

Here's a new sketch from Sketches: Creatively Yours, its basic design is simple but lends itself to embellishing as much or as little as you like.  Well you know me, I kind went wild with it and I used the February kit from the Flying Unicorn .  I added a sheet of Fabscraps Shabby Chic paper to the kit papers, the Dusty Attic chippies & foliage and large lace, everything on the page is in the February kit.   I misted the Prima Alabaster Abbey white flowers with Pearl Glimmer mist and then lightly inked with Distress Ripe Persimmon.  I built the border at the bottom by starting with a wide piece of lace, I layered on a border strip from the Kaisercraft Sweet Nothings collection, then another piece of lace that was included in the kit and finally another Kaisercraft border strip.  I really love the layered effect.

Here's my layout:




And here's the sketch I used, I chose to use a round element rather than rectangular.  I hope you'll give this sketch a try and if you do, be sure to link it up to Sketches: Creatively Yours so that we can see your work!





1 comment:

Thank you for leaving a comment. Your feedback is important to me! I'm always happy to answer questions, just leave them in the comments section and I will respond either here or leave me your email address.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...