Pages

Monday, March 19, 2012

Have you seen this fabulous new line from Poland from 7 Dots Studios, Wonderland now in the store?  It is so yummy gorgeous, the colors are so rich.  I decided to go grunge today as I need a break from frilly laces and flowers now and then!

Sooooo….where DID Chena and Escape Kitty find that treasure chest?  Oh those two, they’ve been sailing the high seas and roaming around the wilds of Australia for the last couple of months  (they’ve got Jen’s credit card this time, HA HA)  Looks like they stumbled on the Black Pearl and found the Deadman’s Chest.  Hmm, the least you could of done Chena, was gotten a photo with Johnny Depp in it!!  And are you bringing me some of those jewels, you know you could get out of debt that way.

Did either of you notice that your “comrade” there is holding a pistol in his hand??  Do you know why they call that a deadman’s chest?   You kids need to get some smarts and watch who you’re hanging out with!!  You are a dog and a cat, you really are not pirates my loves, you really need to get  a reality check!!!!  Please come home Chena, I am worried about your sweet furry face and Miss Kitty, she isn’t a pirate, she’s a sweet little cat and she belongs home with Stay Behind Cat. 

Hopefully this photo means the girls are sailing home from the wilds of Australia.  Sail safe Kitty, Chena be nice, don’t end up in the brig!!

Many thanks to Jen (jrabs) for allowing Chena and I to play with Miss Kitty!  Be sure to check out Escape Kitty's blog.

I had a blast making this layout and really loaded up on some fun techiques.  I started with a base paper - Duchess,next I cut a piece of Spades and Clubs and used one side as a backdrop for the DA vine and the otehr side as a large mat behind the photo.  I also tucked in a piece of Mushroom and Smoke, that's the spotted paper.  I made some embellies from the spots that I cut out and covered with glossy accents.  The whole idea I'm trying to convey here is an underwater world, so the dots are things floating in the water.
I've tucked in some Dusty Attic fish net that I've stained with Lindy's Cattail Copper Brown mist and I layered in some burlap at the top.  Then the large photo mat is water distressed and heavily inked with Distress Black Soot and Scattered Straw.  Directly under the photo is Lindy's fusible webbing that I first inked with Prima inks in English Ivy and Blue Jay, then I sprinkled with Stampedous aged silver, emerald and sapphire embossing powders and heated to give it that great lacey effect.
The hinges are Tim Holtz grungeboard that I heat embossed with Stampendous aged silver, love that stuff, really gives a great aged look.    Just under the large photo mat, I stuffed  inked and crumpled old tax code!  Best use of tax code I've had in years! (I am a tax accountant.)  The letters are Kaisercraft chipboard that I covered with gold stickles.
I added a few shells and Prima vintage metals to finish it off.  I love how this came out, really fulfilled my need to get away from pretty!
Treasure

Treasure closeup
Treasure closeu 1p

There are two other fabulous collections available at the Flying Unicorn Store, Dreamer and All I Ever.  Be sure and check them out!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment. Your feedback is important to me! I'm always happy to answer questions, just leave them in the comments section and I will respond either here or leave me your email address.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...