Pages

Saturday, April 21, 2012

Lets get organized with an activity journal

Happy Saturday!  Hopefully today is a scrappy day for you and your mojo is flowing strong!  I shared a little of my journal with you earlier and today I want to show it all to you in its finished state.
 I am using this journal to keep my scrappy world organized.  Yeah, I’m a organization freak, I make lists and more lists, my scraproom is never a total mess, I have to be in control of these things at all time!  Being on a Creative Team sounds all glamorous and fun, and it TOTALLY is, but with all that fun goes a lot of work.  We have projects to complete, deadlines to meet, and always plans to make to keep our awesome members, interested and excited about the happenings at the Flying Unicorn!  To help keep me organized, Ialtered a standard 3 ring binder.  The one   I chose is a 1” 3 ring binder that has a clear plastic overlay on the front and back of the binder so that I can slip a page under the plastic.   Let’s begin with the front and back covers.

Front:  I used Creative Imaginations IOD Devotion to make this page, this is one of my most favorite ever paper lines, well of course it is, its red, black and ivory!!  The image is an awesome greeting card for Anne Taintor Inc that I found while on a scrappy retreat in Ohio.  I just love the inscription on her dress!  I stickled some ScrapFX chippy flowers and added black centers and scattered them amongst the printed flowers.  I fussy cut the left side of this LO from Devotion wave and layered in other papers from the Devotion collection.
Cover

The back again features a greeting card image from Anne Taintor Inc.  I thought the inscription was appropriate for scrapping.  It sums up my thoughts on having a scrappy budget!!!  I used a mix of  Creative Imaginations IOD Prevencial and Devotion papers, that yummy yellow and purple flowers are Manor House Taneisha and Country Lane Charm, and the small wine colored flowers are Petaloo.  I also used ScrapFX Funky Flowers, they are the dark red chippies on the Dusty Attic corner flourishes that I painted white.
Screw the budget
I also used some floral stickers from the IOD Devotion collection. I love the look of the stickers combined with the Manor House flowers and ScrapFX chippies. Here’s a closeup:
Screw the budget closeup
Now for the divider pages, I purchased standard notebook dividers that have tabs on them.  I made my layouts so that they were the exact same size as the divider pages.  Then I decided that I really wanted the layouts to be protected so I bought some 8 1/5 x 11 scrapbook page covers at Michaels.  They are really inexpensive if you catch them on sale or use a coupon.  You will need to trim the left side off the page covers, this is the side that has the punched holes.  Then you will need to carefully line up your divider with the page cover and mark where the tab will be on the page cover. Using your craft knife, cut a slit large enough to slip the tab through.  In this picture you can see that I have trimmed off the left side and lined up the tab.
Page cover
I found that it was not necessary to adhere my layout to the tabbed divider page, just slip it down into the page protector.  If you decide not to use the page protectors then you will need to adhere your layout to the divider page.  I also found that it works better to punch holes in your layout AFTER you have slipped it into the page protector, that way your holes will be lined up perfectly.
Journal open
Here are some of the layouts I used in my divider pages.  I used the March KOM for these pages, it’s a mix of Inkido, Kanban and BasicGrey papers
Journal page inside

Vogue
This page features Kanban with some BasicGrey and Inkido mixed in – all from the March KOM.  The dressform chippy is from Fabscraps.
Live the Life
This page was done with Scrapcake One Moment in Time collection.  That gorgeous butterfly is from Donna, thank you so much, it was perfect for this page.  The image again is from from Anne Taintor Inc.  The Dusty Attic is colored with Glimmer Mist in walnut gold.  The flowers are layered hydrangeas from the April kit.

Popular girl

If you need a journal, give this a try.  It would make a great gift for a student or a friend.  I love that its so versatile and organized!  You can have as many or as few tabbed pages as you need.  Right now I have four, To do list, challenges, calendar and SHOPPING LIST (most important!!) and I have room to add more dividers if I need them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment. Your feedback is important to me! I'm always happy to answer questions, just leave them in the comments section and I will respond either here or leave me your email address.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...