Pages

Saturday, April 28, 2012

Scrapcake My Private Happiness

Now in my mind, there is nothing in this world any cuter than a sweet sweet puppy!  One of our challenges at the Flying Unicorn this month was to do a project with babies as the theme. My babies have always been puppies so please meet Jezebel at the very sweet age of 6 weeks.  She grew to nearly 100 lbs!  She was a Rhodesian Ridgeback and just the sweetest girl ever!  Oh she was a horrible puppy, chewed everything!  But after much perseverance and work, she turned into a wonderful adult dog that was loved by many!  She had a storied life, she went fishing with my husband at the time who was a commercial fisherman.  She learned to climb up ladder like steps to the wheel house on the boat.  They stayed out at sea for a couple of weeks at the time so she was quite a seadog.  It's funny though, she hated the water!

I made this layout using the gorgeous Scrapcake My Private Happiness collection.  The flowers and vine are Petaloo.  You can get the paper and flowers in the Flying Unicorn Store too.  These flowers are beautiful with this collection.  I stained the lace (from the April KOM) with Lindy's Tibetan Poppy Teal.

I diecut the letters from a blue sheet of  Core'dinations whitewash cardstock using old Lollipop Sizzix dies.  Then I dabbed on some Lindy's Tibetan Poppy Teal mist.  (I purchased alot of my Lindy's mists with dabber caps rather than spray caps, I love them, so much neater and not as much waste.)    The pearls are from the April KOM also.    The quotes are from a set of vellum stickers that I've had for years, no idea who the mfg was but I'm sure they came from Hobby Lobby.
I just did some light distressing on this layout and then inked with Distress Black soot.  The white circle is punched with MS Deco Fans corner punch, one of my favorite techniques and I think Deco Fans is my favorite MS punch.

Jezebel 82
I popped up the letters to give them some dimension, try this, it'll make your flat letters look more like chipboard.
Jezebel 82 closeup

1 comment:

  1. I love this layout! Tis just so awesome. Just today I took some photos of my babies, and am now feeling very inspired to scrap em. Thanks heaps

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. Your feedback is important to me! I'm always happy to answer questions, just leave them in the comments section and I will respond either here or leave me your email address.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...