Pages

Thursday, May 31, 2012

I have a new challenge going on at the Flying Unicorn - hope you'll join in! 


I could have named this challenge Do Over or Play it Again Sam, but in honor of all the June brides I decided to do my take on the Something old, something new, etc  phrase.
I love seeing how people's styles evolve over time.  I believe that our styles are constantly changing with the new trends in products and as we learn and apply new techniques that we have learned.  So I want to showcase these changes in my challenge.  You'll need something old, something new, something borrowed and something blue!  Be sure to check it out here!

Here's my example LO
Something old - this is a redo of an old LO
Something new – 7 Dots papers, stick pins I just made, Manor House flowers
Something borrowed – technique used on the chipboard borrowed from the  very talented Shona, one of our CT members.  I mixed microbeads into white gesso and painted it on the chippy.  Then I sprinkled clear microbeads on the wet gesso here and there.  Finally I sprayed some Moonlight glimmer mist on the chippy here and there.
Something blue  - blue roses, lace seam binding bow



I gave these beautiful Manor House Fairy Floss flowers a quick spritz with  Snow Queen Glimmer Mist to add a touch of snowy sparkle.



Close up of the DA chippy, I love how the microbeads adds texture and the drops of Glimmer Mist add touches of color.



I wanted a cold snowy effect so I dabbled gesso on the metal frame and letters.



The RAK up for grabs:



OK ya'll, time to get creating, I hope you'll join us at the Flying Unicorn, for my challenge and some of the others that other CT members are hosting, there are lots of RAKS to be won!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment. Your feedback is important to me! I'm always happy to answer questions, just leave them in the comments section and I will respond either here or leave me your email address.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...