Pages

Sunday, May 6, 2012

More May KOM projects from the Flying Unicorn!

Here are some more of my creations done with the May Flying Unicorn KOM.  This first one is a photo of my parents when they were teenagers.  The perspective to the bridge in the background is quite striking.  I added the trip from my stash, otherwise everything is from the kit.  The papers are from the Kaisercraft These Days collection, perfect for vintage work!  I love the letters from Heartwarming Vintage, I coated them with Crackle Accents. I layered Prima sprite flowers that came in the kit  and added Spellbinders diecut for Heartfelt Creations stamped leaves underneath the flowers. 


Closeup:


The kit included a large set of clear acetate embellies that included the frame you see on this next layout.  I used several different colors of alcohol ink to splash around the frame to match the brilliant fall foliage in this photo.  the big yellow/orange bloom is from Manor House and matches the photo perfectly!  The smaller flowers are also Manor House, they were lime and I misted them to match my LO.  Everything but the letters and journal tag are from the May kit.




This next LO is one I did for a May photo alteration challenge  at the Flying Unicorn.  I applied a Lomo camera effect to the photo that I took on the Olympic Penisula in Washington state.   The papers on this LO are Bo Bunny Serenity.  All of the embellies are from my stash on this LO.  The pine cones and tree trunks are from my dear friend, jrabs, who has the most amazing collection of scrappy useful "junk"!  I added some fern foliage that I got in the floral dept to make the trees.  The journaling is Robert Frost's poem The Road Not Taken - I just thought this LO was a great illustration for the poem. 




2 comments:

  1. so gorgeous ou rocked this kit!!!!! LOVE

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all the layouts. The one with your parents as teen is so nice. Very nice framing. Love the photos in the other 2, especially the bridge one. All should make you feel good.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. Your feedback is important to me! I'm always happy to answer questions, just leave them in the comments section and I will respond either here or leave me your email address.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...