Pages

Sunday, July 8, 2012

More July Flying Unicorn KOM creations!

I posted this layout during our July 2nd blog hop, but I wanted to give you some more details on its creation.  I used Fabscraps Victoria and Bella Vintage Chic collections for this layout of my sweet puppy Nika.  Here she is stacked in a perfect poodle pose just after her first adult haircut.

I've used a lovely Manor House large bloom to accent my page and surrounded the bloom with Petaloo floral vines in blue.  The small pink flowers are Primas and I think they are the perfect finishing touch to this layout.  I don't often mix pink and blue together, that's a tough color combo for me but I do like how this turned out.  If you look closely, you'll see two beautiful blue stickpins made for me by my good friend, Bitsy, from the Flying Unicorn Forums.  Thank you Bitsy!  Other than the stickpins and the journal ticket, everything is included in the July kits.





 Here I am, so many years ago, 1981 to be exact, in my wedding finery!  Again I used a mix of Bella and Fabscraps on this layout.  The main green/floral sheet of paper was a bright green, too bright for the look I wanted, so I painted over it with white gesso.  Try this sometime when you want to tone down some color.


 The gorgeous flowers are from Manor House - the largest is a Plain Jane that I colored with Glimmer Mist Colored Shells and the two smaller ones are Pink Fairy Floss. The small generic roses are from my stash. The bow that I tied up is made from vintage seam binding. My Mom gave me a great collection of seam bindings dating back years and years. Some of them were marked with prices like 25¢ and some had sale prices of 5¢!!



Here's  one last LO to show you, its of some good friends of ours.  I used Fabscraps Victoria collection for this layout and added a sheet of Coredinations color core cardstock that I punched with the WRMK Lucky 8 punch (love these punches!!).  The swirly leafy vines are Bella Rose, a Spellbinders punch made for Heartfelt Creations,  That is definitely one of my favorite punches!  I've used a mix of Manor House blooms, Country Lane and Sprinkles, along with a Petaloo vine and a small Prima sugar bloom.




Thanks for your visit!  I hope you are enjoying this last day of what has been a long holiday week for many, I hope you were one of the "many"!!




1 comment:

  1. I love these three layouts so much! Nika looks so proud of her new haircut here! And the photo of you on your wedding day - so GORGEOUS!!!!! I also love the last layout with the pic of your friends! They look Very happy together. These 3 pages are what scrapping is all about!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. Your feedback is important to me! I'm always happy to answer questions, just leave them in the comments section and I will respond either here or leave me your email address.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...