Pages

Friday, July 20, 2012

The Flying Unicorn and Graphic 45!

The Flying Unicorn store is a great place for shopping for Graphics 45 paper collections, old and new.  Some of those older collections can be hard to find; check the store, you'll be suprised at what you'll find!  I love G45's vibrant colors and heavy weight paper.  Their colors are so saturated and rich.  You know me, I love to add pops of color to otherwise somber papers and G45 is so perfect for that.
For this LO I've used a sheet of this year's Kraft Reflections release, Express Yourself,  as my base paper.  The Kraft Reflections papers are a great neutral that work with most any paper collection.  To that I added bold circles of color cut from the Playtimes Past collection, Jack & Jill and Life's a Ball papers.

The photos are of my great niece celebrating her first birthday.  Oh my goodness, she was soooo cute, she literally picked up a piece of cake and smushed it into her face.  When she was a newborn she had a really difficult time digesting food and it took quite some time to sort all her problems out, and one of the by-products of all that was she was a hungry baby who couldn't eat.  Well let me tell you, she is making up for it now, that little girl is a total chow hound!!  When she finished her cake, she started wailing for more!!

My First Birthday

I made the red flowers using Alterations Tattered Floral die and the centers were made with McGill's starburst.  I layered these flowers over Petaloos flowering vines in yellow.  Then I snipped some yellowed ribbons bits to tie in to my niece's dress.  The black flourishes are cut with a Sizzix die appropriately called Flourish.

My First Birthday closeup

Honestly, I don't think there is any other paper better than G45.  OOOOH they have some awesome new collections coming out, I can't wait to get my hands on Birdsong!!  The G45 new collection Ladies Diary is in the store, you're going to want some of that I am sure

1 comment:

  1. this is oh so amazing and your flowers are off the chart gorgeous :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. Your feedback is important to me! I'm always happy to answer questions, just leave them in the comments section and I will respond either here or leave me your email address.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...