Pages

Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Flying Unicorn September KOM - Vintage Harmony

The September KOM, Vintage Harmony, kit has such a wonderful eclectic collection of papers and embellishments that it certainly has something for everyone and every style!  Here's a link to the store where you can find this lovely kit and te coordinatng add ons.

 
Now you know that when I spied this lovely sheet of Carta Bella red and white paper, I immediately snatched it up and started scrapping! The chipboard border running behind the photo is painted with Picket Fence Crackle Paint (from the embellishment add on) and adorned with black beads (from my stash) and a Kaisercraft Miss Match diecut. Those big white flowers were so fun to make! They're from the flower add on kit and are the LYB paper flower kit, I added the flower centers from my stash.

I really loved the Kaisercraft Miss Match diecuts, the butterfly, buttons and journal card all came from the diecuts. I think I used them on all my layouts! The stickpin is from my stash, it was sitting on my desk just begging to be used!

Closeups








 

I did this page using mostly papers from the Kaisercraft Miss Match collection. I used a WRMK Lucky 8 punch to make the square diecut using Coredinations white wicker chair. I also cut a circle from the Anna Griffin paper, it is just peaking out from huder the photo on the left. The small circles, umbrella, journal ticket, Treasure ticket, are Kaisercraft Miss Match diecuts. The two multi color flowers on the right are some really old ones from my stash and the other green one is from an earlier kit this year. I also added the fabric leaves from my stash.

The photo is of my Mother's parents. I think it was taken in Washington DC when my grandparents were visiting. I don't ever remember seeing my grandmother dressed up like that!

The journal says:

Since my Dad was in the Army we lived all over the place. Whenever he was stationed stateside we would find ourselves making long road trips to NC to visit family. I particularly remember driving from Kentucky to NC numerous times.

We always stayed at my Mom’s parent’s home. Papa Greene, my grandfather, had a country store and I loved to go in there and explore the penny candy cases. I can close my eyes and see it as if I was standing there. I can smell its musty old smell and hear the clinking of bottles in the drink box. Uncle Bernis, Papa Greene’s brother, tended the store most of the time even though he had polio and was confined to a wheelchair.

When it was time for the long drive home, Papa Greene, with his smiling twinkling blue eyes, would give us each a small paper sack full of penny candy. Mama Greene always made country ham and cheese biscuits for us to munch on during our trip.

These memories are so precious to me. Grandparents are very special people!

1 comment:

Thank you for leaving a comment. Your feedback is important to me! I'm always happy to answer questions, just leave them in the comments section and I will respond either here or leave me your email address.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...