Pages

Wednesday, September 5, 2012

More Flying Unicorn September KOM creations.

The September KOM, Vintage Harmony and the paper add-on includes papers from the Kaisercraft Miss Match collection which I loved because the papers are so diverse.  I did both of the below layouts using that kit.  One is so feminine and the other so grungy. It's hard to believe they come from the smae kit!
 
For this first page I used the Miss Match diecut and mounted it on an Anna Griffin paper that came in the kit.  The gates are new from Petaloo, I love them!  Miss Match has a great set of diecut tags and images.  The girl on the swing is part of that embellishment set, isn't that just so cute?  I love the romantic country look of these papers and thought they were perfect for this photo taken in the mid 40's of my Mother, her parents and 3 of her siblings.  My uncle is there in his uniform, her served in WW II.
 
 
 
 


 
Now let's get grungy with Miss Match!  Dick, his brother and a friend spent some time rehabilitating a house that his Mom owns that was built in the 40's by his father and grandfather.  When I saw this photo all I could think, was, what a motley looking crew!  I diecut some gears and heat embossed using Stampendous aged silver.  If you haven't tried that embossing powder, it is really neat stuff if you want to achieve and aged old look.  One of the guys owns a bicycle shop so I thought it appropriate to added the Kaisercraft bicycle diecut. 
 
The title is mounted on a chippy strip that came in the kit.  I painted it with Distress Vintage Photo crackle paint that came in the kit.  The letters are from my stash as are the chain and small metal gears.

 

 
Thanks for stopping by!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment. Your feedback is important to me! I'm always happy to answer questions, just leave them in the comments section and I will respond either here or leave me your email address.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...