Pages

Saturday, September 1, 2012

Scrapcake at the Flying Unicorn!


The Flying Unicorn specializes in carrying those hard to find papers and embellishments from overseas.  One of my favorites is Scrapcake and I used the One Moment in Time collection to do this layout of my Mom. The photo was take on Easter Sunday 1949.  I've used gorgeous Manor House flowers to help add to that spring time feeling!
 
The Dusty Attic chippies are treated with a fun technique that I learned from my good scrappying buddy, Shona.  I mixed micro beads into white gesso then I added some liquid pearls in peacock and ocean blue to get the varigated blue colors when I painted on the gesso bead mixture.  To complete this simple layout, I just layered the papers and added a doily and a ribbon floral border at the bottom.
 




 
Here you can see the detail of the microbeads on the chiipy, its a really great texture look.
 
 
These were yellow Fairy Floss Manor House flowers that I sprayed with Glimmer Mist in Cadillac Pink.

 
 
Be sure to visit the store to see this beautiful Scrapcake line and all the other lines that we also carry!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment. Your feedback is important to me! I'm always happy to answer questions, just leave them in the comments section and I will respond either here or leave me your email address.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...