Pages

Wednesday, December 19, 2012

The Flying Unicorn introduces 13 Arts!!




I got my package of 13 Arts in yesterday and immediately sat down and started creating!  This is a new paper line straight from Poland and are they ever lucious!!  The papers are a nice heavy weight with such rich blended colors.  This collection is The Frosted Life and I must admit that I started thinking something snowy.  But then I was drawn to the feminine soft blues and pinks and decided to work on another layout for the wedding album I am making our niece.
 
 
I love how the soft pastels make a muted background for the bride's vibrant bouquet, these papers are a perfect match!  I used a Martha Stewart punch on the background piece and mounted that on a piece of white cardstock that I had lightly inked around the edges with distress ink.  I also painted the background with watered down whie gesso as I wanted to further mute the pink.
 
 
I made the two flowers using the Alterations mini tattered floral die.  I used white cardstock to cut the flowers and then heavily misted them with Fireworks London Fog mist and then inked the flower tips with Distress Weathered Wood.  I scrunched the petals and twisted with my tweezers then layered one on top of the other and used a Prima Monarch Diamond flower center.

 
That beautiful swirl is a ScrapFX flourish and it is sooo gorgeous.  We just got a new shipment in of ScrapFX so you might want to check it out as it tends to fly out the door!
 
 
I am having a real love affair with Stampendous Embossing Enamels right now.  I am using them on everything!  I used Shabby Pink on the ScrapFX chippy above and below I used Shabby White.  The application of the shabby white was kind of fun.  I took a Prima mask and some jasmine Mixed Media Inx and inked over the mask.  Then I covered it with the white embossing enamel.  I think it made for an interesting effect.  You don't really see the masked image so much but I love the white and gold flakes as it adds to the sparkle of the layout and for me a wedding layout should sparkle and shine!
 
 
Here's a complete supply list and links to the store:
Cardstock:      Bazzill avalanche
Patterned paper:  13Arts Frosted Life collection: diecut-Moondust, pink-frosted ferns, blue square-Stardust
Letters:  Pink Paislee Portfolio alpha stickers
Diecuts and punches: WRMK Lucky 8 punch Fancy Scroll, Martha Stewart Swirling Lace,
Flowers:    handmade with Alterations mini tattered floral die, Prima Monarch Diamond centers
Paint:  Ranger snowcap dabber, white gesso
Other:  Stampendousshabby white and shabby pink embossing enamel, Prima mask, Kaisercraft laser cut wooden birdcage
 
 
Thanks for stopping by my blog!

 

 

 
 
 

1 comment:

  1. Maggi, this is absolutely exquisite! Love, love the details!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. Your feedback is important to me! I'm always happy to answer questions, just leave them in the comments section and I will respond either here or leave me your email address.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...