Pages

Thursday, January 31, 2013

February KOM - Celebrate Every Love


Hi everyone, I am so excited to share a couple of layouts that I did using the just released February KOM from the Flying Unicorn store!   The kit features a beautiful mix of Forget-me-Not by KaiserCraft, Authentique Lovely Collection, and Bella J'adore papers.

For this first layout I jused mostly Kaisercraft's Forget-Me-Not collection added in some accents from Authentique.  I added the title chippy from my stash, its from ScrapFX and is available from the store.  One of my favorite products is Stampendous aged embossing enamel and I've embossed the chippy with Aged Spice and then dappled with white gesso.

  I used wet distressing on this layout, that's a look that I really love.  First distress and ink the edges of your paper and then moisten the edges with your fingertips and pinch the papers into a pleasing look.  Then I inked again for additional emphasis.

I used a TCW mask and whilte gesso for the harlequin pattern masking and I used TCW Mini Tiles and Tsukineko Cornflower Walnut ink (comes in the kit!)

I really love these photos of my parents, as they really capture my Dad's playful personality, you can see he is sampling the icing in the 2nd photo!

 
 

 
Supplies: (All from the February KOM unless otherwise noted)

Patterned paper - all from the February kit:  Kaisercraft Forget-Me-Not collection:  Red base – Crown, hexagon – Orchid;  Pink Paislee Portfolio collection – Outstanding; Gold base – Authentique Lovely – Amour; Prima Tea Time journal tag
 
Chipboard:  Scrap FX wordlets #12356 (I think currently out of stock but I saw a BIG box of ScrapFX at the store so I expect it will be back in stock very soon!)

Flowers:    Prima Pixie Vine – Belle; Manor House large flower sprayed with Lindy’s; small peach flower – Prima Lady Godivas Nougat


Mist:  Lindy’s Fuzzy Navel Peach (coming soon to the store!); Tsukineko Walnut Ink - Cornflower

Embossing powder:  Stampendous Aged Spice & clear embossing powder

Paint:   white gesso

 Masks:  TCW Mini Harlequin, Mini Tiles   (from the store but currently out of stock)

 Other:  Autumn Leaves journaling stamp

 
I used Bella Adore papers on this layout and I did some masking with a Prima mask and molding paste.  After the molding paste dried, I used Mixd Media Inx to color the masked image.  I used a WRMK Lucky 8 punch to cut the doilies. 
 
 
Notice the beautiful metal clock in this closeup, it is from the new Flying Unicorn adornments collection and they are really awesome!!  Be sure to stay tuned for me of these great embellies!!
 
 
 
 
Supplies - all from the February KOM unless otherwise noted or linked to the store:
 
Cardstock:  Bazzill Fabrique au Chine (stash)     

Patterned paper:  Bella J’adore paperz collection:  Base-Forever Yours, Circle – Damask, Blue – Love; Bazzill perfectly pleated music strip

Letters:  Kaisercraft  Forget-Me-Not collectibles

Diecuts and punches: WRMK Lucky 8 Tattered Doily; Sizzix leafy branch, MS Floral Vine (all from my stash)

Flowers:    Bo Bunny Denim Blue Zinnia; Manor House pink


Mist:  Tattered Angels Simply Sheer Rosey (on flowers), Lindy's Gator Gumbo Olive on leaves (stash)

Other: Kaisercraft  Forget-Me-Not collectibles banners; FUL Adornments metal clock; Prima 8” mask (from the store but out of stock)
 
Be sure to stop by the store and check out this fabulous kit and all the other wonderful goodies stocked in the store!

 

 

1 comment:

  1. So pretty--love the curtain like effect on the layout with the older couple!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. Your feedback is important to me! I'm always happy to answer questions, just leave them in the comments section and I will respond either here or leave me your email address.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...