Pages

Friday, January 25, 2013

Vintage styled layout with Prima's Romance Novel

We're having a weekend long crop at the Flying Unicorn and its going on right now!  Come join us, we've got some great challenges, RAKS. games and door prizes for everyone!

Here's my challenge, play along and be sure to post your project in the forum at the Flying Unicorn!

Many of us have been busy playing with mixed medias this month and that has been very fun and has sure turned on everyone's creativity.  But I had a longing to get back to one of my real loves and that is vintage styled layouts. I've used a photograph of my Mom and a friend that was taken during WW II.  When I think of vintage styling, I think muted and faded colors, dark colors, distressed papers, pearls and rhinestones, roses, laces and doilies, photo corners and of course, black and white or sepia toned photos. 

My challenge to you is to create a vintage styled LO, card or tag, easy enough!!  And of course we have to have a few rules to make it interesting!!  So on your LO I want to see:

1. Distressed and inked edges on your papers
2.  Bling and or pearls
3.  Lace
4. Either a black and white or sepia photo or a vintage image of some sort.
5. A doily - you can used purchased doilies or make your own.





I've used Prima's Romance Novel for my LO.  Here's a list of supplies that I used and links to the store.

Patterned paper:  PrimaRomance Novel collection:  frame and circle-Love Storysmall circle and base – Harlequin, rose note paper – Dear John,

Chipboard:  Prima Romance Novel Chipboard Stickers;

Flowers:    black-Prima Vinetta Nature Garden; Petaloo Cantebury Roses and Berries Branch white; Prima Tea Roses Peach Frost

Ink:  Distress Pumice Stone, Tattered Rose; Mix’d Media Inx-Black


Other:  Prima Romance Novel collection: Black Velvet Trinkets, Decorative Wood Embellishments (clock faces); Kaisercraft Rhinestone Ice Flourish (January KOM)

Unknown:  Lace from the January KOM

Hope to see you in the  Flannel and Footie
 forum!

1 comment:

Thank you for leaving a comment. Your feedback is important to me! I'm always happy to answer questions, just leave them in the comments section and I will respond either here or leave me your email address.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...