Pages

Friday, February 1, 2013

February Flying Unicorn OTP!

I seriously love the February off the page project that came with the main Flying Unicorn kit.  It's a 12 x 12 cotton duck cloth canvas from Canvas Corp that is just perfect for creating a wall hanging for your home or maybe a gift for a favorite someone!  I decided to make something cheerful and bright to hang in my kitchen. 

The image is from a calendar that I saved because it has 12 beautiful chicken pictures in it and since I collect chickens...well you get the picture.  The kit includes papers and a 12 x 12 transparency from the gorgeous Kaisercraft Forget-me-not collection.  I've used the transparency underneath the image and also Honeycomb paper from the collection on this layout.  The red paper is a scrap from a prior kit.   

I started the background by using  TCW's mini tiles mask and black gesso.  Then  I used TCW's  chicken wire screen and a selection of Glimmer and Lindy's mists.  Next, out  came the red, green, orange and yellow gelatos to add some intense color to the canvas.  I used TCW's reverse chicken wire screen and black gesso for the black chicken wire prints you see.  The two round chicken images are from Prima's Almanac collection.



The sunflowers were made with layered  Heartfelt Creations Aztec Gold Sunflowers stamp and Spellbinders Blossom Two die.  The leaves are stamped with Heartfelt Creations Distressed Leaves and then cut out.


I cut out grunge board & black cardstock letters using Sizzix lollipop dies. I glued the cardstock letters to the grunge board so they would pop off the canvas.  Then to add a little textural interest I stamped with a script stamp and clear embossed.


The Flying Unicorn store carries a great selection of mists and gelatos.  Be sure to check it out!  Thanks for visiting my blog.

1 comment:

  1. Maggi this is just stunning but I beg to differ with you about the good part... there is never anything good about morning LOL

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. Your feedback is important to me! I'm always happy to answer questions, just leave them in the comments section and I will respond either here or leave me your email address.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...