Pages

Thursday, February 28, 2013

Sweet Days - Flying Unicorn March KOM creations.

Wow, its already March?  Wasn't it New Year's Eve just the other night???  It really amazes me how  quickly time passes, if I had one wish I think it would be to slow time down!  But one fun thing, it's time for another kit reveal, yippee!!!  The Flying Unicorn March kit is full of scrappy goodness; it features Webster's Park Drive collection and Kaisercraft's Marigold collection.  The Flying Unicorn main kit ALWAYS includes an off the page project and this month the OTP was a real homerun!!  It is a Kaisercraft cukoo clock that is simply wonderful.  Take a look here  at our creative team's clock designs!

We left home on January 15th and headed south to enjoy some spring weather while the rest of the country was deep in winter!  Our first stop was New Orleans and what a great place that was!  We were there close enough to Mardi Gras to see decorations and a parade through the French Quarter, but early enough to miss the huge Mardi Gras crowds.  For me, that was just perfect!  We also ventured out of the city and took a boatride through the swamp and encountered this cute little guy in the water!

This first layout features Websters Park Drive collection and the green sheet is from Kaisercraft's Marigold collection.  I added a Scrapfx chippy over top the white diecut leafy flower embellie.  I heat embossed the chippy with Stampendous aged bronze embossing enamel.  If you haven't tried this product, you are missing out!!  It is so perfect for making your chippies really stand out!  I diecut the leafy vines under the flowers with a Spellbinders for Heartfelt Creations die, Bella Rose, and used the matching HC stamp.  Finally, I did some masking using TCW mini tiles mask and molding paste.  Then I tucked a little burlap from my stash under the floral clusters to add some natural elements to my page.


 
 Here's my sweet Chena; I came across this picture not too long ago.  She was only 2 years old then,  and she will be 12 in just 3 weeks.  I think this is my favorite picture of her, she looks so coy, she is definitely flirting with the camera!  Again I used mostly the Websters collection but added the lime green striped paper from the KC Marigold collection.  The brown paper is something from my scrap bin.  I used a lot of punches on this layout, all from Martha Stewart, Wildfowers, Deco Flower and Deco Fan.

 
 

 
I love the little wooden birds that came in the kit and this one I painted with Viva 3D paint in moss.  This paint goes on so smoothly and has a glitter sparkle to it.  It also has body to it so it can be applied thickly if you wish.
 
 
The embellishment addon includes two Viva Decor pearl pens.  Have you tried these?  They are wonderful as you can make perfect round pearls with them!  I used the copper Viva Decor pearl pen to add the pearl accents on the key below.  I think it added a really pretty touch to the key.  Oh by the way the key and hearts are from my stash, they are part of the new Flying Unicorn metal adornments.  These metals are sooooo gorgeous!

 
Tomorrow I will share my OTP with you, its such a fun clock, can't wait to show you!  I've got to get it assembled today!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment. Your feedback is important to me! I'm always happy to answer questions, just leave them in the comments section and I will respond either here or leave me your email address.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...