Pages

Sunday, May 19, 2013

Flying Unicorn debuts Friday the Thirteenth, a new paper company


The Flying Unicorn is always on the lookout for something new, unique and not seen before!  We love being the first to bring in new paperlines from overseas and today we're happy to introduce you to Friday the Thirteenth, a new paper company in Poland.  The papers are a great heavy weight so they work well with mixed medias.



100 % paper collection is double sided and is filled with romantic lace finishes, pearls, denim and a warm sweater with lace.

 
Dobrze Wiedziec-Good to Know paper collection is single sided and features pastel colors on a natural background. 
 
 
Jest pysznie! That's delicious! is single sided and perfect for summer with it's fresh colors reminiscent of sweet, fresh mint, ripe blueberries, melon and redolent vanilla cocoa.
 
 
 
 I used the 100% collection on this first LO.  I was feeling kind of grungy today and the textile print on this paper was perfect for what I wanted to do.  The picture is Chili after she had been outside playing in the mud!   People often think of poodles as being very prissy and I wanted to show the dog side of poodles so I contrasted glitter and glam with distressing and grunge!
 
 
 
 
Supplies:

Patterned paper:  Fridaythe Thirteenth 100% collection:  circle - Milosci, base - Slonca; Kaisercraft Miss Match collection - frame - Bric a Brac
Letters:  Diecut with Tim Holtz Vintage Market
Chipboard:  Maya Road Love Chipboard banners
Diecuts and punches: Martha Stewart scallop 3 Dot
Flowers:    Prima Tatiana 566357, Recollections brown roses
Ink:  Mix'd Media Inx truffle, peaches
Mist:  Lindy's Gato Gumbo Olive, Cape Cod Coral, Fuzzy Navel Peach, Heidi Swapp Georgia Peach
Masks:  TCW mini harlequin, mini microbial,  mini and 12 x 12 tile texture, Prima Crackel 564247, used Creative Medium for masking microbial  on banners and Wendy Vecchi Embossing paste black for masking tile texture, Shimmerz Texturez brick wall for harlequin masking
Paint:      Glimmer Glam Tutu Pink, Chandelier
Other:  Prima Junkyard Findings - metal hardware, Darice grapevine hearts, Pink Paislee mistables ribbon  under banner

 

 
 
I created this  layout using papers from both the That's Delicious and Good to Know collections.  As you can see, I really laid on the mixed media!  In each of the corners I used Prima's lattice mask and molding paste and then really laid on the mists.
 
 
I heat embossed the gates with Shimmerz Enamelz, it really made the gates look as if they were made of metal.
 
My floral cluster is made with a piece of a vine I got from Michael's a couple years ago and Petaloo flowers.   I also going to show this LO in our Use Your Stash challenge as everything on this layout is old old old and I'm happy to be using some of these old things up!  Gotta make room for new, right? 
 
 
Come join us in our Use Your Stash Challenge, you don't have to use Flying Unicorn products to participate in our Forum challenges, everyone is invited to play along with us using whatever supplies you wish.
 
Supplies:
Patterned paper:  Friday the Thirteenth Dobrze Wiedziec collection - green circle A po co, jest pyszniel! collection - base - wanilia
Chipboard:  DA 0188 ornate gate medium
Embossing powder:  Shimmerz Enamelz Molten metal (soon to be available at the Flying Unicorn)
Flowers:    Primasprites, Petaloo camelia cardinal red
Mist:  Heidi Swapp Georgia Peach, Glimmer mist-Sprout, Lindy's Edelweiss moss green, Rhododendron red rose, yellow rose of Texas, Moonshadow Mist -
Other:   Craf-t Rub-Ons #2 & 4 kits; vine from Michael's, Kaisercraft script stamp

On this next layout I used paper from the Good to Know collection for the background page and border strips and the circle is from the That's Delicious collection.
 
I was in a crazy mood yesterday when I created this layout.  I was rummaging around for some flowers to use with this paper and came upon that big bright ripe persimmon (its exactly the same color as Timmy's ripe persimmon distress ink!) flower.  Well yes it is sort of an improbably color mix but I love that flower and wanted to use it.  (Funny thing about that flower, I snatched it from a throw away box that one of my scrappy buddies had put together.)    I challenged myself to "make it work" asTim Gunn would say!  I love the bright pops of persimmon with the pastel blues and teals.
 
The photo is of my parents with their great grandchildren taken during taken while celebrating my Dad's 91st birthday.
 
 
I used Stampendous chunky white embossing enamel on the Dusty Attic chippy.  It was a corner piece that I cut in two.  Then I dabbled on some Dew Drop ink to add the bright color.
 
 
Supplies:
Patterned paper:  Fridaythe Thirteenth - Debrze Wiedziec collection:  base - Daleko jeszcze, border strips-dlaczego?; Jest Pysznie! collection: circle-Kakoo
Letters:  Glitz teeny alphas burndt orange
Chipboard:  DA0623 corner flourish #3
Embossing powder:  Stampendous chunky white
Diecuts and punches: Martha Steward scrolled heart
Flowers:    Prima Tasha teal 556921 , prima sugared flower, orange flower unknown
Mist:  Lindy's Tiger Lily red orange, rhododendron red rose,
 
 
 Thanks for stopping by today, I hope you'll check out these fabulous new papers!  Today I am going to work with my favorite of the three lines, 100%.  I saved the best for last so pop by again to see what I do with that!  Happy scrapping everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment. Your feedback is important to me! I'm always happy to answer questions, just leave them in the comments section and I will respond either here or leave me your email address.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...