Pages

Monday, June 17, 2013

Another mixed media creation!

When I first received my Mid Month Mixed Media Inspiration collection of goodies, I was a bit stumped.  I just didn't know what to do with that very large piece of canvas but after a little thought,  I was inspired to create so many things.  I now realize that what I loved the most about the kit is that it is meant to push your creativity and combine it with things you already own to make your own unique mixed media projects.

For this project I indulged in my favorite colors of black, white and red!  I cut a  piece of canvas and glued it to the black squares in the kit.  First I painted it with clear gesso and then misted with  a couple colors of red.  Next I masked with TCW's mini harlequin mask and Studio 490 black embossing paste.

Then I dug deep into my stash and gathered these IOD Devotion stickers.  That is one of my all time favorite collections.  I am really excited that IOD is moving to Prima,  can't wait to see what they come out with.

I used a little Studio 490 gold embossing paste and Prima's static mask on one of the tags.  At the top I've added some Lindy's fusible webbing embossed with gold UTEE.    The gorgeous heart is from the Flying Unicorn's Adornments collection.  Definitely one of the most gorgeous metal hearts on the market!

 
Supplies:

Diecuts and punches: JoyCraft flourish branch
Flowers:    Prima tiny red roses
Ink:  Mixed Media Inx black
Mist:  Lindy's Cajun Carnelian red,  Rudolph's Nose red; Gator Gumbo olive
Masks:  TCW min harlequin; Prima static
Other:  Canvas painted with clear gesso cut to 6x6 and mounted on chipboard; Studio 490 black & goldembossing paste; Lindy's Fusible Webbing; FUL Adornment metal heart; gold UTEE; Sharpie gold pen;



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment. Your feedback is important to me! I'm always happy to answer questions, just leave them in the comments section and I will respond either here or leave me your email address.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...