Pages

Sunday, June 9, 2013

Studio 490 Embossing Paste available at the Flying Unicorn!

We have a new product in the store, Studio 490 Wendy Vecchi Embossing Paste and I am loving it!!  The paste comes in 4 colors, gold, silver, white and black.  It has a great creamy consistency and goes on great.  I love it and I'm betting you will too.

I have always loved metallic anything, paint, paste, rubons, trinkets,  etc!  I just got some Studio 490 silver paste and watned to create something fun with it for my Think Like A Crow challenge.  What???  Think like a crow, I'm not a bird!  LOL, it is said by some that crows love to gather shiny objects so my challenge is to do a project using 5 different shiny objects.  Here's a link to my challenge, check it out!  Please remember that you do not have to use the Flying Unicorn kits or items from the store to enter our challenges, everyone is welcome to use their stash!


 
 
To create this canvas I first mod-podged on strips of lace.  Then I coated the entire canvas with white gesso.  Next I sprayed and dabbed on lots of mists in gold and silver.  After all that dried, I used Studio 490 Embossing Paste and TCW Peacock Feathers Mask to mask the silver feathers.  As that dried it took on the texture of the lace underneath it. 
 
The chandelier is Dusty Attic and has been embossed with gold UTEE and then some gold stickles were added.

 
The metal flowers are Flying Unicorn adornments.  (Watch for new ones coming to the store soon!)  I dipped the petals of the center flower into silver and marcasite embossing powder to add some intrest.   I added Prima swirls and  used some gold beads and Melissa Frances chandelier drops to complete my floral cluster.

 
Gather your shiny objects and come play in my challenge!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment. Your feedback is important to me! I'm always happy to answer questions, just leave them in the comments section and I will respond either here or leave me your email address.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...