Pages

Saturday, June 29, 2013

Using my stash for the Use Your Stash Challenge at the Flying Unicorn


We have a great challenge going at the Flying Unicorn, it's Use your Stash, and like all of our Flying Unicorn challenges, you can use any products you like.  You do not have to use our kits or items from the store!  We welcome everyone to our forum!

This is just a fun LO that I did of my Dad using an old G45 collection, Communique.  Its one of my favorite collections as I love the reds, blacks and creams in this collection.  And it is very appropriate for this layout as my Dad worked in communications, teletype machines, radios, etc,  during his 28 years serving in the US Army. 

I popped up the letters and some of the embellies with foam dots and then painted them with Diamond Glaze to make them stand out.  This is a great way to add a little extra pizazz to your projects.  This is really a simple layout and it needed a little something extra.

Journaling:
"General Price presenting the Legion of Merit medal to Dad for exceptionally meritorious conduct in the performance of his duties.  Dad earned two Legion of Merit awards during his 28 years in the Army, one for service in Vietnam and one for service in Germany.  The Legion of Merit is one of the highest noncombat medals awarded ."




Supplies:

Patterned paper:  Graphic45 Communique collection:  diecut - Pen in Hand 4500058, Red plaid - Typography 4500065, frame - photogenic 4500063. black check - society page 4500064, tags,
Letters:  G45 Alphabetstickers 4500235, script Websters in Love stickers lette
Diecuts and punches: WRMK Lucky 8 Fancy Scroll
Flowers:    Prima 564575 Engraver flowers light brown
Ink:  distress black soot
Other:  Diamond glaze, Jolee's fleur de lis

Thanks for stopping by, hope to see you at the Flying Unicorn in the challenges forum!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment. Your feedback is important to me! I'm always happy to answer questions, just leave them in the comments section and I will respond either here or leave me your email address.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...