Pages

Saturday, August 10, 2013

A Prima Romance Novel tag for the TAGGIT challenge at the Flying Unicorn

The members are running the forum this month at the Flying Unicorn.  Believe me, they are causing all kinds of havoc over there but they did put up some great challenges.  One of the challenges is simply to make a tag, now that I can do!

I used Prima Romance Novel for my tag as it is one of my favorite Prima collections.  The printed tags and pockets on the paper are perfect for fussy cutting.

I used a large Prima Julie Nuttig tag as the base for this and then layered on cutouts from Romance Novel.  I used a Spellbinder's large oval frame  to layer behind the pocket and cut a small oval frame to use as a closure on the pocket.  I included a personal note written on a fussy cut tag from Romance Novel inside the pocket.  I heat embossed the edges of both frames with Stampendous Shabby Pink embossing powder which I think really dresses up those frames.

Another really cool thing to do with Stampendous aged embossing powders is to ink up your flowers, pour on the embossing powder and heat set.  It really adds a layer of shabby dimension to the flowers.

The pink bow is made from vintage pink seam binding.  My mother was quite the seamstress and she gave me a box of seam bindings, some of which are quite old.  Their marked price was 25¢!

A layer of cheesecloth behind the pocket, bead trim on the edge of the tag, some Romance Novel embellishments and flowers complete my shabby look!



 
 
I used a Velcro closure to secure the pocket.
 
A wooden clock piece and metal dangle at the bottom are both from the Romance Novel collection.

 
 
 Come join in the fun at the Flying Unicorn.  We'd love to see you there!!  Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

Thank you for leaving a comment. Your feedback is important to me! I'm always happy to answer questions, just leave them in the comments section and I will respond either here or leave me your email address.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...