Pages

Sunday, September 1, 2013

Creating with the Flying Unicorn Sept KOM, 50 Shades of Summer

 The September kit features 13@rts Faces of Spring, Kaisercraft True Romance, and Melissa Francis Classic Elegance Collection.

For this first layout I used papers from all three collections.  I did a lot of masking in the background with triangles  and mini paint lids mask.  After I completed my layout I used the pink ink pad in the kit to add pink highlights to my masking and then used foam stamps to  stamp circles ramdonly on the layout.

 
 
These paper flowers are one of my favorite embellishments in the kit.  They are diecut paper layers so you can layer them together.  They are so delicately colored and so feminine.
 
 
Supplies: All from the September KOM unless otherwise noted
Patterned paper:  Melissa Frances:  black newsprint and pink  print - At First Blush PA404, brocade strip - Strictly Business, PA 406, Die Cut Accents; 13 Arts Faces of Spring collection: base - Strong Feelings, large rectangle - Natural Beauty, Kaisercraft True Romance Collection:  tag  behind photo
Letters:  numbers Melissa Frances die cuts
Chipboard:  Dusty Attic DA0432 Damask (from my stash)
Embossing powder:  Stampendous Shabby Green (from my stash)
Flowers:    Docraft PaperMania Vintage Notes Big Bloomers; American Crafts Juliana Flower Shoppe77271
Ink:  Distress black soot (from my stash), Colorbox warm green, Prima blossom tree
Masks:  TCW mini paint lids (from my stash), Studio Calico triangles
Paint:      Cladia Hellmuth pink (from my stash)
Other:  Liquidtex modeling paste (from my stash)  White lace

 

 This is a fun layout with a photo from the very early 1900's of a couple of dance hall gals in Dawson City, YT, the site of the famed Klondike Gold Rush. 

 
I used a lot of Flying Unicorn adornments to embellish this layout.  I added some embossing enamel to the adornments, I love how it looks on the metal.
 

 
 
Supplies: All from the September KOM unless otherwise noted
 
Patterned paper:  Kaisercraft True Romance collection:  Base-Daydream, small tags - Desire, large tag under photo - Passionate, rose strip - Affection
Embossing powder:  Stampendous Chunky white embossing enamel on Adornments (from my stash)
Diecuts and punches: MS deco fans (from my stash)
Flowers:    Papermania Vintage Notes Big Bloomers, Prima pastel velvet rainbow 556297
Mist:  Dylusions white linen mist,  (from my stash)
Masks:  TCW mini dots and dashes, TCW mini Art is (both from my stash)
Paint:      Ranger white paint dabber, white gesso (both from my stash)
Other:  Dazzelerz Spun Sugar molding paste, Flying Unicorn Adornments butterfly, leafy petals, key (from my stash)



Ah, a photo from long ago, LOL.  This is me at the tender age of 17!

 
 
 


Supplies: All from the September KOM unless otherwise noted
 
Patterned paper:  13 Arts Faces of Spring collection:  Base frame - Spring Morning, base paper - Strong Feelings, tags - Only for Girls
Letters:  Prima Lifetime 562885
Chipboard:  Dusty Attic Baroque corners (from my stash)
Embossing powder:  Stampendous Aged Teal (from my stash)
Flowers:    Petaloo Wild Blossoms Aqua 149-129, American Crafts Juliana Flower Shoppe77271
Ink:  Distress pumice stone,  (from my stash)
Mist:  Glimmer Mist Gumdrop, Lindy's Frosted Forget me not (both from my stash)
Masks:  Studio Calico Mr. Huey triangles masked with Shimmerz Texturz patina  (from my stash)
Paint:      Viva 3D stamp paint gold  (from my stash)
Other: Blue and green gelatos, Tim Holtz Mixed Media stamps  (both from my stash)


 My very favorite part of the kit this month is the Tim Holtz Assemblage Clock!  I used Graphic 45's new Christmas collection, Twelve Days of Christmas to decorate my clock.  I painted the clock with white gesso, fussy cut some images and painted them with Glossy Accents to stiffen them. I nestled a few tiny white roses into the Petaloo poinsettia vine.
 

 
 
Supplies: The clock is from the kit, everything else is from my stash
Patterned paper:  Graphic 45 12 Days of Christmas
Embossing powder:  Stampendous
Flowers:    Petaloo Poinsettia and Berries Branch vine
Paint:      White gesso, Metallic rub on
Other:  White pearls from Hobby Lobby
 
The Flying Unicorn believes that scrapbooking should be a passion and not an obligation.  Our kits are available on a first come first serve basis and we do not take signups.
 
Thanks for stopping by!
 
 
 


1 comment:

  1. What stunning projects, Maggi!! Each of this is unique and so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. Your feedback is important to me! I'm always happy to answer questions, just leave them in the comments section and I will respond either here or leave me your email address.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...