Pages

Monday, September 23, 2013

Mojo Monday sketch at the Flying Unicorn

It's Mojo Monday and like every Monday, the Flying Unicorn Forum has a new sketch challenge to help you get your mojo flowing!  This great sketch was designed by Tammy Henderson and is a great play on circles!




This sketch is so gorgeous, I just decided to follow it closely.   I used Bo Bunny's The Avenues collection papers; they are perfect for vintage styling!  First I did some masking with Prima's new Bubbles stencil and then I sprayed the page in random spots with Lindy's Glory of the Seas Gold.  I used a an 8" Wilton doily in the back and then cute several sizes of circles, 5" and 6", that I then punched around using two different Martha Stewart corner punches.  I also sprayed a 6" Wilton doily with Lindy's Glory of the Seas Gold.  I took one of my 6" circles and cut out the center leaving only the punched edge and adhered that to the 6" doily to create a frame effect.

I added Dusty Attic chicken wire heat embossed with Stampendous aged gold embossing enamel and then completed my look with the fabulous new amber Petaloo Textured Elements flowers and Mini Blossoms.  I can't tell you how much I love these flowers, I ordered them in every color!  Underneath the flowers I used some Flying Unicorn Adornments as leaves.

Since photographing this, I added some journaling to the War Bonds tag, it says: 
Mom at the Roll of Honor, she purchased bonds dedicated to Dad during WW II.  Sign says, "Names on the Roll of Honor represent War Bonds purchased by friends and relatives and dedicated to their loved ones in the service."


 
 
 

 
Supplies:
 
Patterned paper:  BoBunny The Avenues collection:  base-Antique, black damask & songbird tag - Treasures, newsprint - Songbird: Wilton doily
Letters:  Crate Paper DIY collection
Chipboard:  DustyAttic chicken wire
Embossing powder:  Stampendous Aged Gold
Flowers:    Petaloo Textured Elements Amber
Ink:  Mixd Media Inx vintage, truffle
 
I hope you'll give this sketch and try and please post your layout in our forums!

 
 

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful Maggi! I love the earthy look and awesome take on the sketch. Your Mother is beautiful!
    Hugs and smiles,
    Asmah
    ps: Maggi, I'll be glad if you drop by my blog and by luck may win my
    [Qinaahana Giveaway] :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow stunning design love it !!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. Your feedback is important to me! I'm always happy to answer questions, just leave them in the comments section and I will respond either here or leave me your email address.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...