Pages

Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Marion Smith Designs and Leaky Shed Studios

I'm hosting a fun challenge at the Flying Unicorn this month, all you have to do is a layout, card, or tag and use pop dots, cardboard, foam, etc to pop up at least 3 different things including one layer!  Easy peasy, and loads of fun.  You could win a fabulous RAK too.  Our challenge winners are chosen by random selection so everyone has an equal chance!

I've used Marion Smith Designs new Garment District papers for this layout and a bit of Mad Tea Party too.  I am so excited to see Marion designing on her own and I have loved every single sheet in the 3 collections she has released.

The beautiful birdcage is a Leaky Shed Designs that I've covered with Stampendous aged ivory embossing powder.  I love the look these powders give to chipboard!


In the next two photos you can see how I've popped up the layers.  I used a thick cardboard box on the first layer and much thinner cardboard on the next layers.  Cardboard is great for popping up your layers as you don't have to worry about sag or using so much foam tape.


Supplies:
Cardstock: Core'dinations
Patterned paper: Marion Smith Designs Garment District collection: base - Manhatten, pink floral - Blush, gray - French Line, Mad Tea Party Collection: green floral - Spot of Tea,
Chipboard: Leaky Shed Studios Birdcage
Embossing powder: Stampendous aged Ivory
Diecuts and punches: Martha Stewart punch around the page Flourish Lace, Scallop 3 Dot; Spellbinders for Heartfelt Creations Bella Rose
Flowers: Prima Le Mia 571498 white
Ink: Mixd Media Inx vintage, Distress walnut stain
Mist: Lindy's Wild Honeysuckle Coral, Apline Ice Rose
Other: Flying Unicorn lace, Prima resin bird

1 comment:

  1. How gorgeous!! Love all the layers, dimension, and beautiful florals. Hope you have a amazing New Year.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. Your feedback is important to me! I'm always happy to answer questions, just leave them in the comments section and I will respond either here or leave me your email address.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...