Pages

Saturday, December 21, 2013

Ranger Embossing Antiquities powder

I love dressing up my chipboard and diecuts with embossing powder!  I think it gives chipboard such a finished look and there are so many different things you can do with it.  Today I  want to show you my latest find, available in the Flying Unicorn store, Ranger Embossing Antiquities powder.  It leaves a textured finish on your chipboard and depending on what color you are using, you may get a varied color effect.

I've been working on a mini for a friend whose Yorkies got "married".  LOL, it has been fun.  On these first two pages I've mixed Fabscraps Marie Antoinette and Shabbylicious collections.   I used Ranger Antiquities Rose Quartz on the words Bride and Forever and Verdigris on the rose petals.  It has a more elegant and subdued effect than Stampendous Embossing Enamel which I also LOVE!  I've used Stampendous on the frame and the rose itself.








 Then on this tag featuring Graphic 45 Twelve Days of Christmas I've used Ranger Embossing Antiquites Weathered White on the Leaky Shed poodle chipboard and also on the picture frame (I only partially covered the picture frame to give it an antique look.) It was perfect to represent  the curly texture of a poodle's coat.




Here's a layout with Graphic 45 Twelve Days of Christmas and a Leaky Shed Studios Julie Nuttig chippy.  I really love how her dress looks. I used Range Embossing Antiquities Chinese Red on this one and you can see that it has gold and multicolored red in the powder and really gave her dress a beautiful Christmas sparkle!  For the fur trim I used Aleene's Glitter Snow. (you could use a similar product, Glistening Snow-Tex)





There are a lot of different colors available so check it out.  I think you'll love using this on your chippies!



1 comment:

  1. I don't use embossing powder enough. I love the poodle! I'm asking my bloggy friends for help. I've entered a $100 contest and need last minute votes. Would you stop by this link and vote for me. THANK YOU!! http://georgie-hornpuddinnpie.blogspot.com/2013/12/puddin-n-pie-needs-your-vote-now-dont.html

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. Your feedback is important to me! I'm always happy to answer questions, just leave them in the comments section and I will respond either here or leave me your email address.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...