Pages

Monday, January 27, 2014

Mojo Monday Sketch at the Flying Unicorn

Every Monday we have a new sketch  up at the Flying Unicorn.  Alda did today's sketch and as always, its a beauty!  The Flying Unicorn invites you to use our sketch anywhere but we'd love to see what you do with it.


I used the January KOM and a few things from my stash to interprete the sketch.  I love the Jodie Lee art journal papers that are included in the kit.  They are so perfect for mixed media applications and I've used plenty on this layout.  I used the mask and masking paste from the kit as well as the Lindy's mists and some paint too.    From my stash, I used Viva Maya paint  in olive was used to paint the roman numerals and dabble on the Flying Unicorn flower adornments.

We have some fun challenges running this month and I also did this layout for our January One Little Word challenge.  My word is Change and I've illustrated that with a photo I took at the Bay of Fundy in Canada where the tide changes some 55 feet every cycle.  This photo was taken at low tide, and where the people are standing in the photo would be completely covered with water well over their heads at high tide.  

Then I included a photo of myself and a subword, control, to indicate that I have control of my life and it is up to me to make a change in my life.





Supplies: (From the January KOM unless otherwise noted)
Cardstock: Core'dinations (stash)
Patterned paper: Prima Jodie Lee Art Journal collection
Letters: Doodlebug Design– Just my Type Alphas; Prima Fairy Rhymes alpha stickers (stash)
Flowers: Prima Le Mia, Prima Abbey
Ink: Ranger Archival black (stash), Mixed Media Inx Chiffon
Mist: Lindy's Maidenhair Fern Green, Grab a Guy Gold, Wild Honeysuckle Coral,
Masks: Clear Scraps Shattered Glass
Masking paste: 13 Arts Ayeeda Gesso
Paint: Viva Maya Olive (stash)
Other: Flying Unicorn Metal Adornments, Tim Holtz Idea-ology Word Band, Kaisercraft Journal clear stamp, Prima Mechanicals Vintage Trinkets Roman Numerals
Unknown: Greenery and berries from Hobby Lobby  (stash)

Thanks for stopping by!  I hope you'll five this sketch a try and show us at the Flying Unicorn.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment. Your feedback is important to me! I'm always happy to answer questions, just leave them in the comments section and I will respond either here or leave me your email address.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...