Pages

Friday, March 7, 2014

Fabscraps Beachcomber!

Hi everyone from the road! We visited the winter homes of Thomas Edison and Henry Ford the other day.  They were situated on the water in Fort Myers with lush landscaping all around, much of which was planted by Thomas Edison himself.  Seems Thomas, Henry and another fellow, a Firestone,  were trying to develop a US source for rubber production.  There is a banyan tree there that is said to cover a full acre, it is HUGE!!

I needed blue paper to scrap this photo that I took at their homes and the only papers I had that worked were these gorgeous Fabscraps Beachcomber papers. So I had fun turning the beach papers into something else!

Kim at Swirlydoos, has challenged the members to do a layout with a photo void of people or animals so here's my best shot at her challenge!  I've used lots of mixed media, a Blue Fern chippy branch and a steampunk Creative Embellishments lightbulb.  Now what could be more perfect for a Thomas Edison layout than a lightbulb??



I embossed the lightbulb with Stampendous aged gold embossing enamel, love that stuff!!  I dabbled some Silks in Emperor's Gold on some of the flowers to match the Primas.


The chippy is painted with white gesso with microbeads mixed in.  Then I added some Silks Moonbeams and Emperor's Gold paint.


I did some stamping and paint dabbling here and there to complete my look.  It was a fun layout to do!

Thanks for stopping by, I appreciate it and love to read your comments!

1 comment:

  1. Wow! Your page is AMAZING! Love the colors, layout and embellishments!

    Have a wonderful weekend! Enjoy your road trip! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. Your feedback is important to me! I'm always happy to answer questions, just leave them in the comments section and I will respond either here or leave me your email address.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...