Pages

Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Swirlygirl's challenge with Prima Stationer's Desk!

The March KOM from Swirlydoo's Kit Club has Prima's Stationer's Desk collection.  Mmmm, have I ever told you how much I love red, black and ivory?  Probably, LOL, I love this paper so much!  So when Kimberly posed a challenge to all the Swirlygals to do a layout "All About Me"  I knew I would be using this collection for her challenge.  The challenge required us to use mixed media on our layout and I have done that with some masking and painting.  I used a Prima stencil to do the lettering on the top right and then I used a TCW mask, mini tiles, to add the small black tiles.




I used the wood frames from the Prima Wood Embellishments to frame some of the tickets in the kit.


Here you can see that I've painted one of the paintable cards.  I used Silks for painting the flower and watercolors for the leaves.



Supplies from the March Swirlydoos kit, Salutations:
Prima Stationer's Desk collection:  base - Captured Drama 813796, Prima Paintables 3 813987, Stationer's Desk ATC pad 814069, Chipboard 813703, Tags and Tickets 573256
Prima Wood Embellishments 572877
Wood frames and butterfly -  Prima Wood Embellishment 572877
Tim Holtz pen nibs; 

 Other supplies:
Ink:  Distress black soot, Ranger Maroon archival ink
Masks:  Floral Rose 572198; TCW mini tiles
Masking paste: Viva Ferro Special Effects paste - graphite
Paint:      Silks love struck, watercolors
EK Success Aged Typewriter numbers
Petaloo textured red flowers 1256212
bark butterflies Prima 569310;
Stamper's Anonymous Ultimate Grunge stamp

The March KOM is sold out but there are still some April KOM's available and that is one gorgeous and elegant kit featuring Authentique's Classique - Elegance papers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment. Your feedback is important to me! I'm always happy to answer questions, just leave them in the comments section and I will respond either here or leave me your email address.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...