Pages

Wednesday, January 21, 2015

More projects with Swirlydoos January KOM and Creative Embellishments January challenge

The Swirlydoos Kit Club January Embellishment kit includes a Graphic 45 Staples tag album and you know how much I love tags!  Of course, I had to make a tag album with the fabulous Blue Fern Sanctuary papers featured in the kit.  I used the cut apart Calling Cards paper as the theme for my tag album and chose some sentiments from the Heidi Swapp Word Jumbles stickers, also in the Embellishment kit.

Here is the cover that I embellished with flowers from the Flower Kit as well as some roses from my stash.



I took the album apart to photograph the rest of hte pages so that you could see all the details.  The main kit includes a set of Bo Bunny stamps and I used one of those stamps to stamp  the bird cage and fussy cut it.



Flowers and lace from my stash.
I cut a Spellbinders frame and embossed it with Stampendous aged gold embossing enamel and layered behind the calling card.  The flowers are from the
Flower Kit.

The lace flower is from the Flower kit.  It was white but I misted it to change the color.  



The bird on the branch is a Prima wood icon, from an earlier kit, roses and doily from my stash, the lace flower and dangles are from the main and flower kits.







I embossed a Sizzix frame with aged gold embossing powder.

The doors are included in the Embellishment kit and the flowers are from the main kit.


The roses are from my stash and the butterfly is from an earlier kit.



Here's a layout I did where I extended the photo onto the background with gesso and Silks paint.  I tip my hat to Solange Marques who does this technique so incredibly well!

I first  spread a layer of heavy gesso from the edge of the photo feathering it out on the paper.  Then I used acrylic paints to entend the colors of the forest.  Perhaps a different color background paper would have worked better.    I do like to try all kinds of things and this was fun, I will try it again.
  
The papers I have used are Blue Fern Studios Sanctuary collection and are from the January Swirlydoos Kit.  The embellishments are from my stash.

I also did this layout for the monthly challenge at Creative Embellishments.  The challenge was to use this image as inspiration and use mixed media on your layout.


I was inspired by the beauty of the landscape and so I chose a fall landscape for my layout.  I used 13 Arts Ayeeda paste  and Silks acrylic paint to create my forest behind the photo.  I also stenciled the title with Studio 490 gold embossing paste.  I've used Flourish 10 on the right side of my layout and colored it gold with Stazon gold ink.

Creative Embellishments Flourish 10 is a great flourish to use with your flowers!


I loved these mixed textured blooms from Petaloo!


Thanks for stopping by!




6 comments:

  1. Maggi, you do the most incredible things! I love your work, and your ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. amazing mini Maggi...love all the details:) Your layout turned out just fabulous and I love that chippys too! Thanks for playing with us at Creative Embellishments!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maggi, awesome layout! I too am a fan of Solange's technique. You have captured it well! The chippie you used is one of my favorites! Thank you for playing along with us this month over at Creative Embellishments.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, wow, wow!! Absolutely love. love love this project! Awesome colors, textures, alterations. Amazing details a lot of yumminess to look at. Thanks for playing along at Creative embellishments.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely fabulous works of art here!!!!! Amazing job!

    Thanks for joining us at Creative Embellishments :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous LO Maggi!! Love it!! Thank you for playing along with Creative Embellishments!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. Your feedback is important to me! I'm always happy to answer questions, just leave them in the comments section and I will respond either here or leave me your email address.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...