Pages

Sunday, February 22, 2015

Graphic 45's new Artisan Style!

Graphic 45, you've done it again!  I love the rich deep hues and art deco look of this gorgeous new collection, Artisan Style.  As I thumbed through the papers I was immediately inspired and knew exactly what I wanted to do for my first layout.  I love it when it happens like that.  Too often, I spend hours pushing paper around and waiting for inspiration to hit.

I fussy cut the main design elements from the title sheet of the collection, Artisan Style.  I love how the building from the paper makes a great frame for my photo of our house in Alaska.

Journaling below the house:

When we moved into our house in Alaska, it had only one BR and bath on the top floor.  It was quite a hike from the basement where we spent alot of our spare time!  It was a really pretty  home but unique with its open floorplan.  The upstairs was the master suite with only a half wall that overlooked the LR and no doors!  Definitely built for a couple with no kids.  It had  12" walls and beautiful wood cased windows.    Dick, the best Mr. Fix-it ever, finished out the basement adding a 2nd bedroom and bath.  Then we did some remodeling on the main level adding a pantry, half bath, penisula and additional cabinets in the kitchen.



To make my title, I scanned the fussy cut piece and used Photoshop to get a perfec color match.  I used an art deco font for my title and then printed it out and placed it over the "Artisan Style" title printed on the paper.  With the perfect color match it blends in almost perfectly.



The two Iron Leaf Corner chipboard pieces are from Leaky Shed Studios.  I misted and painted them with several colors of Lindy's.



I made all the flowers from trimming scraps using Alterations Tattered Florals die and McGill punches.  The pine boughs are diecut with an Elizabeth Crafts die.

Thanks for stopping by my blog and for the comments you leave.  I appreciate it so much!

3 comments:

  1. What a beautiful layout! Thanks for sharing the details, especially the way you created the title. Love your house, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is stunningly beautiful! I also love this line of Graphic 45. Since I live in a Craftsman Bungalow I think I just HAVE to have it. TFS your lovely work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful...I immediately thought of Craftsman Style when I saw the paper...so so pretty! The layout is perfect! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. Your feedback is important to me! I'm always happy to answer questions, just leave them in the comments section and I will respond either here or leave me your email address.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...