Pages

Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Graphic 45 Rare Oddities!

Graphic 45's Rare Oddities is in stores now!  It's a great collection for Halloween projects with its warm fall colors, BUT it's so much more than that.  It has so many fun images that you can use for eclectic projects as well as all things spooky!  I'm on the G45 blog today along with Robin Shakoor.  Check it out!

On this layout I've combined several layers of the gorgeous patterned papers from the new Rare Oddities collection and just a little bit of cardstock. The very bottom layer is black cardstock, so it serves as a frame as I find a simple border like this tends to hold the layout together and give it a finished look. One way to make your layers look really great together is to chose contrasting colors as you build your layers. Notice how I've started with the plaid background paper and then added a simple patterned green. Then I've chosen the contrasting orange to layer over the green. Both the green and orange are colors present in the plaid paper but they really stand out from each other because they contrast so nicely. Then to make my photo pop, I've added a black print layer and matted my photo with black cardstock.

When it comes to embellishments, the design rule is use an odd number. Generally, odd numbers of anything looks better. If you look at my layout you will see 5 embellishment clusters - clockwise: the owl, chipboard, bottles, skull and journaling chipboard. Next time you are putting together a layout, experiment with an odd number of embellishments vs. an even number.


I put together a Snapguide  tutorial for you.






I just bet that you'll find this collection fun fun fun!!  Thanks for stopping by.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment. Your feedback is important to me! I'm always happy to answer questions, just leave them in the comments section and I will respond either here or leave me your email address.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...