Pages

Thursday, October 15, 2015

Creative Embellishments and fun tags!

I love making tags! They are such fun little pieces of art and are great for playing around with new techniques.  Alot of people ask me what do you do with a tag?  The obvious answer of course, is to attach to a gift but there are so many other things you can do with them.  Give them to your special friends, just like you would a card, hang them in your studio so you can see and enjoy them,  attach to a layout, make a card base and attach, turn into an art piece by framing, see the possibilities?

Here's a tag using traditional Halloween colors and Graphic 45's An Eerie Tale.
witch tag

I gave the witch a good spritz with Lindy's mist to color her.
witch tag close

Love the spider webs, I heat embossed it with Stampendous aged silver.  The spider is Jolee's.
witch tag close1



I had so much fun making this tag, it just makes me smile and you know what I'm going to do with it?  I'm going to hang it on a corkboard that I have right beside my desk and enjoy it!  I took our  Steampunk Heart and Wings and heat embossed with Ranger Embossing Antiquities in tanzanite and layered a fussy cut image from Graphic 45 Steampunk Spells collection over it.  Then I did a two part embossing on one of our Steampunk Skulls.  I used Stampendous aged gold for the gears and Ranger Antiquities cement for the face.  I backed the skull with some of G45 paper from Steampunk Spells and layered over the wings.  He's not too spooky, but he sure is cute with his infectious smile!  LOL!

Steampunk skeleton tag


Steampunk skeleton tag close2

Steampunk skeleton tag close
Don't forget to enter our monthly challenge!  The inspiration photo for October is so awesome;  you could win a $50 gift certificate to the store so don't miss it!


maggie_framed

1 comment:

  1. Both of your tags are wonderful but I must admit, you witch tag is fabulous -
    sandy xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. Your feedback is important to me! I'm always happy to answer questions, just leave them in the comments section and I will respond either here or leave me your email address.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...