Pages

Saturday, January 2, 2016

Loving the January Flying Unicorn KOM!

Yesterday was CAS (clean and simple) day and today is mixed media mayhem!  This was a fun layout that I did with the Flying Unicorn January kit.  I used papers from the Mixed Passion Main Kit, flowers from the Mixed Passion and Small Art, Big Passion Kits, and medias from the Mixed Art Kit.

I started my background by stenciling on some circle texture using 13 Arts Ayeeda Gesso Acrylic Primer.  I love this stuff, its really heavy and dries quickly.  Then I brushed on some Prima Mica Powder in Cold Pink.  So far so good, AND THEN I got this bright idea to sprinkle some silver glitter over the not yet dry stenciling.  I snatched up the nice little jar of silver glitter from the Mixed Art kit and sprinkled it over my layout.  Oh WAIT, it was not dry glitter, its a glitter paint and I didn't sprinkle it, I dumped it and had a huge glob of glitter paint on my layout.  Uh oh, what to do now?  Well you know what they say, make lemonade from lemons, and so, I grabbed a pint brush and spread that silver glitter paint all over everything.  It is unfortunate that the sparkly glitter doesn't show up in this photo because IRL life this layout just sparkles like a brilliant diamond.  I glittered the flowers, the flourishes the butterfly.  What the heck, go with it right?

I also did some stamping with Creative Embellishments Paint Splat Trio stamps to add to the background.  The flourishes are Kaisercraft die cuts.


The specks you see on the flowers are sparkly glitter.




Lace from the Small Art, Big Passion kit.



Supplies (All from the Flying Unicorn January kits unless otherwise noted)
Patterned paper:  13 Arts Secret Letters Collection-
  • Remember Me - pink
  • Little Secrets - white

Diecuts and punches: Kaisercraft flourish (from my stash)
Flowers:  Petaloo Botanica pink; Petaloo Darjeeling Dahlias pink
Ink:    Prima Old Road chalk ink
 Mist:  13 Arts pastel black & pastel dirty pink
 Masks:  Fabscraps C81 stencil (from my stash)
 Masking paste: 13 Arts Ayeeda Gesso Acrylic Primer white (from my stash)
 Paint:  13 Arts Silver Ayeeda paint
 Stamps:  Creative Embellishments Paint Splat Trio; Prima Butterfly stamp (from my stash)
 Other:
  • 13 Arts Kraft Adornments
  • FUL white trim
  • Prima Metal Embellishemnts 583514
  • Prima Mica Powder Cold Pink
Now it's tag time!  I often hear why make tags  'cause I don't know what to do with them?  Here's my reasoning, they are fun little pieces of art, I make them for the shear pleasure of it.  They are perfect to include with a gift or even as a gift itself.    If you are trying to master a new technique, then a tag is a great place to try it out because you don't have so much product invested if the technique doesn't work out.  Tags are my "art journal" as art journaling just doesn't work for me.  I just cant seem to wrap my head around the concept and the few attempts I have made are truely candidates for the bottom of the trash heap!

This is just a fun tag that I'll gift to a friend, it's a great way of telling someone how important they are in my life.  I've used papers from the 6 x 6 pad, trim. and a small tag included in the Small Arts, Big Passion kit to  diecut lots of layers to build up the tag,  The flowers, phrase sticker, and lace stickers are from the main kit.



I love this resin piece that came in the Small Art, Big Passion kit.  I layered in a Creative Embellishments  Lily Flourish from my stash. 

 I topped my tag with a seam binding bow.


Supplies - from the Flying Unicorn January kits unless otherwise noted:

Cream cardstock (from my stash)
Patterned paper -13 Arts Secret Letters  6 x 6 pad
Chipboard: Creative Embellishments Lily Flourish (from my stash)
Diecuts and punches: Prima Victorian Lace die; Memory Box Tiffany Frame; Martha Stewart Punch around the page Swirling Lace (all from my stash)
Flowers: Prima Helena flowers 583330
Ink: Sweet Pea Prima chalk ink  (from my stash)
Mists: Lindy's Ponderosa Pines Olive (from my stash)
Masks: 13 Arts
Masking paste: 13 Arts Ayeeda Gesso Clear Acrylic Primer
Paint: Viva Maya Gold Rose  (from my stash)
Other:
  • Prima Shabby Chic Treasures resin 891510
  • FUL doily
  • Prima Lace Stickers
  • 13 Arts Remember Me stickers
There are still some January kits available in the store so hurry and get yours now!  The Flying Unicorn does not believe in subscription sales but we do have a presale every month on the 20th where you can order your kit(s) and that way never miss out on the kit.  In addition, we make a few kits available on the last day of the month which is reveal day.  Read all about our kit purchases here.

Thanks for stopping by, I surely do appreciate it!!

1 comment:

  1. Maggi - your page is gorgeous - and the photo wonderful! I love, love your beautiful tag! Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. Your feedback is important to me! I'm always happy to answer questions, just leave them in the comments section and I will respond either here or leave me your email address.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...