Pages

Friday, June 24, 2016

Petaloo DIY flowers!

I have two summer layouts to share with you today, both using Petaloo's awesome DIY flowers. 

I used Graphic 45's Safari Adventures on this first layout to scrap photos I took at the Miami Zoo where it's always summer!  I had a blast dying my flowers to match the tropical imagery in this collection.  These flowers are so great because you can easily dye them using mists or other coloring agents.

I colored the salmon colored flowers by simply spraying them with my mist. To color the yellow largest flower, I first misted it with yellow and then I painted on a little red mist on the ends of the petals. Then I quickly blotted with a paper towel so that the color effect would be subtle.

For this flower, I gave it an all over misting with yellow, then I sprayed a little red mist on my craft mat and tipped my paintbrush in it, and painted the flower center and touched the flower tips.

I just touched these sweet little blooms with a hint of red while they were still damp from the yellow mist and blotted with a paper towel to keep the effect subtle.  


Petaloo Supplies:
Other:
Graphic 45 Safari Adventures collection:
Safari Adventures
Lush Landscape
Journey of a Lifetime
Patterns and Solids 12 x 12
Lindy's Gator Gumbo Olive
Tattered Angels Banana Pudding
Shimmerz Caribbean Sunset Spritz

First, a big thank you to Simple Stories for these bright summery papers that I used to create this family reunion layout!   I used the same technique on this layout to color the flowers. I love that so many of Petaloo's flower styles are available as DIY flowers and that picks are also available! 

I've used leaf picks in this floral cluster along with textured layers and canvas dogwoods.   All of these products absorb color so well.


Oops, one little gerber daisy that was already colored slipped in here.  ☺


Supplies:
Petaloo
Other:
Lindy's Starburst Mists-Maidenhair Fern Green, Salt Water Taffy



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment. Your feedback is important to me! I'm always happy to answer questions, just leave them in the comments section and I will respond either here or leave me your email address.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...