Pages

Sunday, September 4, 2016

Paper doll tags with Petaloo!


This month at Petaloo, we're featuring projects that you can do with the kids and grandkids.  You know those days when the kids are saying I'm bored, there's nothing to do?  That's the time to reach for these projects!

Now I always loved paper dolls when I was a child so I thought it would be fun to make dolls today!  I've used a couple of Julie Nutting doll stamps to make my paper dolls but if you don't have any doll stamps, you could have the kids cut out pictures from old magazines.

First up is my mermaid tag that I made with Graphic 45's Voyage Beneath the Sea collection.  I like to use large tags so that I have lots of room for embellishing.  This tag is actually a Graphic 45 packaging tag that I've recycled and it measures about 4" x 8 3/4".  First I covered the tag with some design paper and then painted on a little white gesso to tone it down a bit and give it an underwater look.


To make my mermaid, I stamped her on cream cardstock and cut that out.  Then I stamped her onto different pieces of design paper and pieced her together..


I love these Petaloo Botanica Mixed Blooms in blue/green .  I layered them over some Creative Embellishments sea grass and Petaloo Teal Spring Berry Picks to create an underwater scene.

 Now add a fun G45 chipboard tag  with a great quote on it to finish it off.  Add a bow at the top and presto!  You've got a great tag to share.  I know the kids will have fun making paper doll tags.  Give the kids some magazines, paper scraps, scissors and glue and let their imaginations go wild.
 

Supplies:
Graphic 45 Voyage Beneath the Sea collection
Julie Nutting 


 Next up, a pretty miss, fashionably dressed for summer in an outfit made from Graphic 45's Ladie's Diary DCE.  This tag has plenty of popped up layers.  That's a fun technique that you can show the kids, just give them some cardboard to use, it's so much cheaper than using foam tape.  Glue the cardboard to the back of your layer being sure to cut it small enough so that it doesn't show, and start layering it up!

Along with the Petaloo flowers. I added a pretty beige Petaloo Fancy Trim detail at the bottom.  I bet you have some bits and pieces of ribbons and trims laying around, so give those to the kids too and I bet you'll be surprised at what they come up with.  I love seeing what children create because their minds haven't been inhibited by "what you're supposed to do."   Their creativity really amazes me.




 To add some fun dimension, I popped up part of her dress.  This tag really has dimension,  There's the base tag, then a popped up oval frame, a smaller oval frame also popped up, then the doll is popped up with a flirty pop up of her dress.

Here's a pretty little cluster of a tag, a sticker and Petaloo flowers.


The perfect finishing touch for my projects is always flowers and I've used some of my favorites on this tag, new  Petaloo Darjeelings, an anemone and roses. 

Supplies:
Graphic 45 Ladies Dairy DCE

Thanks for stopping by!



1 comment:

Thank you for leaving a comment. Your feedback is important to me! I'm always happy to answer questions, just leave them in the comments section and I will respond either here or leave me your email address.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...