Pages

Monday, October 31, 2016

Happy Hallowe'en in Wonderland with Graphic 45!

I've got two posts today, so be sure to scroll down and see the 2nd one!

I really love making hats and so I thought it would be fun to make a hat with a surprise pop up element.  Alice pops up on this hat just in time for the tea party!

I used a small metal hinge on the back of the hat to attach the top of the hat to the crown.  To keep the circle top from falling inside the hat, I cut the top just slightly larger than the crown.  Alice is only attached to the top of the hat and freely slides in and out of the hat.

I fussy cut several of the characters from Alice in Wonderland and have them staged around the hat intermingled with lots of pretty blooms and pumpkins.

Tips:  You can stand chipboard pieces up like I did on the top of the hat by building a slot from foam tape to hold the chipboard.  Just take a double stack of foam tape and adhere to your surface.  Adjacent to that, add another double stack of foam tape leaving just enough space between the two stacks to create a slot to hold the chipboard.


When building things like this from scratch, use glue that is removable with Undo!  I use ZipDry glue and Scortape, both of which are easily removed with Undo.  Really this will save you much frustration, Undo is my best friend when I'm creating something like this!  Another thing that I like to use is Removable Glue Dots.  They are perfect for trial and error placement but once you figure out where you want something, be sure to adhere with something permanent as those removable dots will not hold.














Supplies:
Graphic 45 Hallowe'en in Wonderland Deluxe Collector's Edition
Black cardstock
Olive cardstock
Purple seam binding
Sizzix Alterations Holiday Greens die set
Petaloo Botanica Blooms Lavender/Purple
Petaloo Mixed Blooms Lavender/Purple
Petaloo Anemone x 6 Pistachio
Petaloo Vintage Velvet Minis x 9 Purple
Petaloo Spring Berry Picks Lavender/Purple
Tim Holtz pumpkins
small metal hinge

4 comments:

Thank you for leaving a comment. Your feedback is important to me! I'm always happy to answer questions, just leave them in the comments section and I will respond either here or leave me your email address.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...