Pages

Wednesday, November 30, 2016

A Graphic 45 Christmas Card and Tutorial


"Tis the season to be jolly, fa-la-la-la-la, la-la-la-la!"  Christmas really isn't very far off, are you ready?  Do you have all you cards made and ready to go?   Haaaa!  Nope not me, I send my cards out on December 24th, and that's if I'm lucky.

We can always hope that we'll get better, right?  So today I have a pretty card for you made from this year's Christmas collection, St. Nicholas and I have a Snapguide tutorial to make this card.  I used bits and pieces from the St Nicholas collection but you can easily substitute for any items that you don't have.

Tips:
One thing I really love are the ephemera cards that come with each collection.   They are the perfect centerpiece for card and tag making.

Use foam tape to pop up different layers and elements on your cards, it adds dimension and interest.  Even better, use cardboard in place of foam tape, that will save you some money.  

Take a look at my Snapguide tutorial to replicate this card:


Layers...I love layers and flowers!

I added a banner to the right side  of the card and extended it beyond the card so that I'd have lots of room for my floral cluster and ribbons.  This is one of those cards that is really bulky so it'll be hand delivered.  The Petaloo pine pick and anemones look so pretty with the St Nicholas collection, well, I had to put them on this card!

I love pretty little banners decorated with tiny flowers!


I used a simple treatment on the inside with an ephemera card where I can write a personal message.

Graphic 45 Supplies:
Graphic 45 St Nicholas Collection 12 x 12:
Bells and Bows 4501398
Be Jolly! 4501401
North Pole 4501400
Candy Cane Wishes 4501405
Season's Greetings 4501407
Banners 4501414
Patterns and Solids 6 x 6 4501409
Ephemera Cards 4501418

Other Supplies:
French Vanilla Bazzill cardstock
Petaloo Anenome x 6
Petaloo Pine Pick w/Cones & Berries
Petaloo Briar Rose Canvas Holiday Mix
RRR Sheer Iridescent Red Ribbon

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog.  Be sure to visit the Graphic 45 blog every day for more tutorials and lots of inspiration.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment. Your feedback is important to me! I'm always happy to answer questions, just leave them in the comments section and I will respond either here or leave me your email address.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...