Pages

Thursday, November 17, 2016

Graphic 45, Petaloo & Xyron Blog Hop


What a treat to blog hop with Petaloo and Xyron!  Graphic 45, Xyron, and Petaloo worked perfectly together to build this great utensil holder.  Be sure to stop by the Graphic 45, Xyron, and Petaloo blogs to see how you can win some great prizes!

Every year I host Christmas at my house, and on Christmas Eve, we do a big buffet of really yummy junk food so I took a 6 pack box and altered it to use for a utensil and napkin holder on my buffet.







 Petaloo shared with us the most gorgeous collection of flowers that are perfect for all your holiday creations.  I used a little bit of everything they sent on my project so you could see how pretty all these blooms are!  You might not think of using a berry pick with Christmas projects, but I think it looks so pretty nestled in there with the poinsettias.  The glittered snowflakes and star picks just add to the overall festive feel of my project.


 I used a Xyron Tape Runner to adhere papers to my box and the Creative Station Lite to adhere the doilies.  The Creative Station Lite applies adhesive to anything up to 5" wide and 1/8" thick.  It works so well with doilies as they have so many intricate cuts that are difficult to glue.  You just run your doily through the machine (no batteries or electricity required)  and the adhesive bonds perfectly to the paper so you can easily adhere it to your project, without any mess, no oozing glue, I love that!  Since it will take materials up to 1/8" thick, I will definitely be using it to attach chipboard pieces.  I've always had a hard time gluing those detail chippies that have lots of tiny little cut outs, the Creative Station will be the perfect tool to add adhesive to these.


 The fussy cut flowers and holly look great when paired with a small Petaloo poinsettia and those awesome star picks.



The idea for this project was born last year when my bff told me how much she liked champagne but since she lives alone, it didn't make much sense for her to buy bottles of champagne since it doesn't keep after opening.  Well, I thought to myself, I will get her some champagne splits, but then I needed a fun way to gift it.  Ah ha I thought, upon spying a 6 pack, yep, that would be really cute filled with champagne splits.

She loved it and now she uses it to hold dog toys for her "grand dog" that occasionally visits.  Honest, that is what she told me!

Many thanks to Petaloo and Xyron for the wonderful products.  I have been using my Creative Lite station constantly for adhering intricate flourishes and details. Of course, Petaloo flowers always complete and make my projects shine.

Graphic 45 Supplies:

Petaloo Supplies:
Petaloo Flowering Berry Pick Black 1170-209

Xyron Supplies:


Be sure to stop by all the blogs to see how to win a prize!





























3 comments:

  1. What a great idea, love it and love how you did an outstanding work to create it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!!! Wow! Wow!!! Maggi, you rock!!! Your project is absolutely amazing!!! I think your friend will be very very happy of your gift!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. how fab...so gorgeous and filled with so many wonderful details! wow

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. Your feedback is important to me! I'm always happy to answer questions, just leave them in the comments section and I will respond either here or leave me your email address.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...