Pages

Monday, December 19, 2016

Christmas Fantasy Home for Petaloo


Holiday traditions are the things that make us feel nostalgic.  Sometimes those traditions evoke the feelings we had as children, you know the excitement of waiting for Santa!  As a child I used to make a gingerbread house every year.  Gosh I haven't done that in so long!  This year, keeping in my paper crafter mode, I decided to construct a snowy winter scene.  The house is two different Sizzix Alterations dies, the larger trees are Creative Embellishments chipboard and the beautiful blooms are Petaloo, of course!  The small trees in the background are Sizzix Alterations diecuts.

I started out with a round canvas and spread lots of snow white TCW Modeling Paste (nice & thick) all over a round canvas.  While the modeling paste was still wet, I embedded the little house and the trees. I made little triangular back stops for them so they would stand up straight.  

I allowed that first thick coat of modeling paste to dry and then I added more modeling paste.  I repeated this several times, until I was satisfied with the look of the snow.  Then I took a narrow modeling paste trowel and added modeling paste to the house and the trees.  I love Petaloo's glittered stars.  Look closely and you will find red, green and white stars.


Then I sprayed it all over with siver Thermoweb Glitter Dust.  That gave the snow a nice sparkly look.


After I was satisfied with the look of the snow platform and snow on the trees, I added Petaloo flowers and glittered stars.

I made the flower all snowy looking with white gesso, Aleene's Glitter Snow and Stickles to accent the flowers and leaves.

Petaloo Supplies:
Regal Gold PoinsettiaRed RS5010-002/4

Other Supplies:
The Crafters Workshop Modeling Paste
Aleene's Glitter Snow
Thermoweb Glitter Dust
Sizzix Alterations Village Dwelling die
Sizzix Alterations Village Gingerbread die
Sizzix Alterations Tree Line die
White, brown, red, and green cardstock
Stickles - crystal, icicle, diamond, green, red












1 comment:

  1. What a fabulous home decor piece! It will be a talking point for years to come. Just love it!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. Your feedback is important to me! I'm always happy to answer questions, just leave them in the comments section and I will respond either here or leave me your email address.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...